Chapter Forty

Allison's Point of View:

Late afternoon a few days after the new year, Ginny, Ron, Harry, Hermione and I were all standing in the living room by the fireplace dressed in our Hogwarts Robes. The Ministry connected the floo network to Hogwarts to allow students to get there safely. 

Mum was the only one here to see us off as Dad, Bill, Fred Geroge and Fleur had to leave earlier for work. Right now, Ginny, Ron and I were trying to cheer Mum up. 

''Don't worry Mum,'' Ginny tells her rubbing her shoulder. ''Please don't cry?'' I ask her hugging her tightly, but not so tight that I hurt her. 

Ever since Percy's visit, she has been more emotional than usual. ''Yeah Mum, we will be under the care of Dumbledore, McGonigal the Cullens,'' Ron tells her. 

She nods her head before Pulling away from me, Ron and Ginny to bring Hermione and Harry into her arms in a classic Weasley hug. 

''You both be careful you hear me,'' Mum tells them. Harry smiles at her when she pulled away. ''You know me, Mrs Weasley, I like the quiet life,'' Harry jokes to her. Hermione chuckles rolling her eyes. 

''Don't worry Mrs Weasley, I will make sure we all keep our heads down and focused on our studies,'' Hermione tells her. 

Mum nods her head happily and I sigh in relief knowing that Mum was calm enough now. ''Alright now, off you go now,'' Mum tells us. 

One by one we all go through the fireplace and appear in McGonigal's office. ''Evening Weasley-Cullen, try not to get to much ash on my carpet please,'' McGonigal nods at me. 

I nod at her moving out of the way. One by one, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny come through and once all of us were through, we exited McGonigal's office but before we got too far she walked out and called out for us to stop. 

We stopped and turned around. ''There is a new password,'' McGonigal tells us. She tells us the password before sighing. 

''Do be sure to shout and take it easy on her. She spent Christmas drinking with her friend Violet in the Charms Corridor, in the painting with the Monks,'' McGonigal chuckles.

''And before I forget, Potter, Weasley-Cullen, this is for you both from Professor Dumbledore,'' McGonigal passes me a roll of parchment. 

''Thank you, Professor,'' I smile at her before turning around and motioning for the rest of the group to continue to the Gryffindor Common room. 

While walking I trust Hermione to guide me as I unroll the parchment and read through it. ''Our next lesson with Dumbledore is tomorrow night,'' I speak up looking towards Harry.

He nods his head. ''We can tell him about the attack and our interaction with Scrimgeour,'' Harry tells me grabbing my hand. I smile at him lacing our hands together. 

The Next morning, Hermione and I were standing in front of the notice board talking happily. ''What are you two yapping about?'' Ron asks coming up from behind us. 

I look behind me and see him and Harry standing behind us looking confused and interested in what we were in Ron's terminology yapping about. ''See for yourself,'' Hermione points to the board smiling. 

APPARITION LESSONS

If you are seventeen years of age or will turn seventeen on or before the

31st August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition

Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor. Please sign below

if you would like to participate. Cost: 12 Galleons.

Hermione and I signed our names as did Harry after us but as Ron was pulling out his quill to sign his name Lavender came up from behind and covered his eyes giggling. ''Guess who Won-Won?'' she asks.