* DC x Marvel Crossovers

How could we forget the infamous crossovers that exist in every fandom?

DC and Marvel Crossovers are very common and people love to bring these two fandoms together because unlike other fandoms (such as Twilight x Harry Potter, TVD x Twilight, Harry Potter x PJO etc), these two fandoms are set in almost similar worlds with a similar concept of the existence of superheroes and vigilantes.

Usually, when asked about it, I advice people not to do crossover stories because each fandom/universe has its own rules and regulations that can not be applied to the other fandom you are crossing it over with. But with DC and Marvel, there is no such restriction and I think there have been comics as well that have featured crossovers between these two fandoms.

I believe people might have tried crossing over these two fandoms with others as well such as DC x Doctor Who, DC x Supernatural, Marvel x Supernatural etc but here we are going to discuss the clichés of the DC x Marvel Crossovers only

Plot facts:

This will feature a very basic overused plotline. Some cliché crossovers feature all these points, some pick up a few and ignore the rest. There are two ways crossovers are done for DC and Marvel; either they feature OCs exchanging worlds or it's an OC-less story in which just the canon characters and universes are merged together.

We will be discussing both simultaneously. 

1. Usually, the crossover story features an OC crossing over to the other universe and then ultimately her family and superhero friends show up as well.

2. In these OC featuring stories, the OC is either Batman or Tony Stark's daughter and when she crosses over to the other universe, she has a lot of superheroes falling crazy in love with her.

3. And then her family/friends come to her rescue and cue the battle between the DC and Marvel heroes because both want to keep the lovely OC in their respective worlds.

 And then her family/friends come to her rescue and cue the battle between the DC and Marvel heroes because both want to keep the lovely OC in their respective worlds

[To me, inserting an OC and then making a crossover fic is the laziest way to do a crossover. And even though there are ways you can make it work, make sure that your OC doesn't just exist to cause conflict. Give him/her other reasons to exist and shape the story as well].