Part 1

Hana

"Hana! I forgot to buy red cups!" 'Yan ang bungad sa'kin ni Sue pagpasok ko ng club that we rented for Piper's 22nd birthday.

Actually, we planned a surprise birthday party for her. Today's her birthday pero sobrang busy namin sa university. We just had our midterm exam kanina, so Piper really seemed tired and sad because she didn't get to enjoy her day.

We had lunch earlier and Piper thought that was already the celebration. She's unaware that we planned something for her tonight!

For a little backstory, Sue and I almost had a fight last week when we're planning the party. Gusto niya kasi, night club party. Gusto ko naman, pyjama party.

"Ang relevant kaya! Sleep deprived tayo for the past weeks dahil sa acads, so pyjama party!"

"But it's so boring! We'll invite people para lang matulog?"

"Movie marathon, duh. And we both know that Piper loves sleeping! Kahit sa klase, 'di ba?"

Natawa si Sue. "Yeah that's true. Muntik na siyang mahuli kahapon ni Sir Reye-- hey! Stop changing the topic!"

"Pero 'di ba! I have a point-"

"But Piper loves to drink, too! Hindi ka kasi sumasama sa amin sa clubs, e. She is glowing kapag naka-inom. Glowing sa pawis kasi ang likot-likot."

Ako naman ang natawa. "Really? I would love to see her get wasted. Unexpected of Piper kasi she's like our mom. I think I might go with the night club party now."

"Yon! Tsaka omg, first time mo ring magka-club 'di ba? Don't worry Hana, we won't pressure you to drink hard drinks! You do you. Pero ano, baby sips lang."

I chuckled. "Daming sinabi! Baby sips lang at with a limit ha."

So here we are sa night club. It's 3 p.m. and the party will start at 6 p.m. Sue will tell Piper about it mamayang 5 p.m. so she could prepare, pero ang sasabihin ni Sue, it's just a normal girls' night out.

Hindi rin pwedeng malaman ni Piper na kasama ako kasi for sure she'll get suspicious. We were friends since senior high school up to now that we're 4th year college and ever since, I never went with them sa night outs nila. They respect it naman, that I'm not fond of parties and drinks. I am very content with books and music at home.

Pero this time, I think there's no harm in going out of my comfort zone. Tsaka kasama ko naman silang dalawa, I know hindi nila ako ipapahamak. Crossed fingers.

"Akin na 'yung pambili ng red cups, bibili rin ako ng ice, e."

Iniabot sa'kin ni Sue ang pera. Before walking out of the club, I scanned the place quickly. Ang ganda tignan ng decorations! The area is filled with silver and lilac stars and balloons, disco lights, and sa stage naroon 'yung dj mixer and band equipment.

 Ang ganda tignan ng decorations! The area is filled with silver and lilac stars and balloons, disco lights, and sa stage naroon 'yung dj mixer and band equipment