Starting Over

My phone rang & we almost didn't answer it. Ryan picked up & asked "Hello?"

Voice "Yes I have news!"

Ryan "Who are you?"

Voice  "Agent Carter my partner was shot & injured in the take down of that  Mobster."

Ryan put the phone on speaker "Is it finally over?"

Agent Carter "Yes it really is. He was shot twice in the head, twice in the  chest & once in the gut."

I screamed in delight knowing my fake  life was over but also saddened that I wouldn't get 24/7 with my gorgeous sweet husband.

I could call him Ryan openly & he  could call me Nicole openly. We kept Isabella but changed her last name  to the real one of Paevey. I told Ryan "I want to name our son 'Nathan Ryan James'."

Ryan looked at me sweetly saying "This being followed crap is over you can name our son whatever you want."

I looked into his eyes & kissed him putting his hand on my very pregnant belly.

Before we went home he showed me a surprise he had planned before our call. A  blue single shoulder strap dress that had a slit up the side. It was silky and not like any dress for pregnant women I'd ever seen. He had found a drawing of a dress I had made weeks earlier & gave my dimensions to the neighbor alongside the fabric. He had to go to 5  stores to find it though. It was so beautiful & hugged my pregnant  curves perfectly. He took my hand after putting on a tux. He turned on  some music and swayed holding me close. I felt a major kick as we danced to the music "I will be right here waiting for you" from Richard Marx. He felt our boy kick over & over when I wondered why I didn't hear our beautiful daughter interrupt us. Ryan "The neighbor who sewed this for you is babysitting. I wanted you all to myself right now."

    I  felt so much love in his eyes & hands. I kissed him holding his body close to mine. I closed my eyes as I was dancing slowly with my handsome man. He told me not to sleep yet we had to eat. The song ended & he sat us down feeding me bites of steak grilled perfectly, Mac n cheese, & handed me a cob of corn. He saved dessert for last. His  arms removed my dress & covered my body. He pulled out some Reddi Whip chocolate sauce & strawberries. This man knew my weakness. He  covered me with the toppings & swirled a ripe juicy berry in both having me taste it. He removed his tux to let me do it to his body too.  We used up all of it & all the berries getting very close to  making love until a beautiful surprise happened. Right as the agents  appeared to get us back home my water broke. I had no time to get to a  hospital but the agents were no strangers to the delivery process.

I  laid there having Ryan hold my hand in his underwear only and I was in a  robe he grabbed for me before the agents arrived. The female agent we  had talked to helped me through everything. I got so weak as I began  pushing but Ryan looked into my eyes regaining my strength. I pushed more as I almost broke his hand and he just dealt with it. I was giving birth to his son & the health was all that mattered. As soon as she said "One more big push I can see the head."

I squeezed his hand tighter crushing the muscle & bones more than I thought. Once our son was born he tried to flex it but it was stuck. I had officially broke his left hand.

The Agents came with us as we got checked out by doctors explaining our names. They were slightly confused but believed it. The doctor asked "What are you naming him?"

I said  "Nathan Ryan James Paevey!"

Ryan agreed & the doctor said "Okay.  You need to stay for 72 hours observation since you were premature and your son will be examined fully by the neonatal unit."

I also told them to X-ray my husbands hand. They took him to the X-ray machine &  took images finding 2 breaks in his palm.

His first & 3rd metacarpals were fractured from the force I used giving birth. Ryan got his hand put in a brace & mini cast allowing the break to heal. I wanted him to be okay but he said "I don't usually have to use my left hand predominantly to film."

Ron & Frank had written him off temporarily solving a case out of state while he was in WIT SEC. They  brought him back once he arrived home but with a hand injury. His  character Nathan was very close to Maxie making me (as a fan) very  happy.