Chapter Two

It’s May; I’ve heard all of the stories about Kimberly Blanch’s murder. Some people in my town of Crapton believe that Molly didn’t murder Kim. They don’t know the whole story though; they don’t know what I did… You can drive through Crapton in a few short seconds; all we have is a gas station. What an appropriate name for a town with so many rundown buildings. People in this town know me as Thunder. Nobody knows that my real name is Wyatt. When somebody asks my name, I tell them just to call me Thunder. I got Thunder from my last name, Thunra. The ‘H’ is silent in my last name, making it ‘Tunra’, Wyatt Thunra.I haven’t always had the easiest life for a small town man. My parents were poor when I was growing up. I set self goals to become more than they could. My father was the town drunk and my mother didn’t have much going for her either. Our house was a small run down store that we got lucky enough to rent for a small price. I’m a ginger with hazel eyes. I’m about five foot eight, and I’m quite athletic. I haven’t seen Ricky in several years… He left me after we got into a fight the day of Kimberly’s murder. Both my parents are dead, but everybody in this town thinks I’m some “goody two shoes” compared to my parents. I assume I should explain why Ricky left me, and as to what happened that night at Kim’s house… I met Ricky at the gas station two months before the murder. Ricky was a simple small town guy, or so I thought. Ricky had this almost devilish side to his personality. He could trick you into doing basically whatever he pleased. Ricky and I started seeing each other, but he said that he wasn’t able to stay with me because he had other obligations. He proceeded to tell me about how he never liked Kim since he was a child. He explained how she would throw rocks at him and call his little brother a faggot. Ricky had moved away in the eighth grade, Kim had forgotten he had even existed. When Ricky came back into town she had no idea who he was, but he knew exactly who Kimberly was. He serenaded her with his snake like charm. He had her drawn into his web of lies, just like I was drawn into. Ricky had a way with words, but you never wanted to piss him off. He was a very abusive man. I have many scars from the bad days he has had where he would come home and abuse me. One time he even threw me through a glass door at clearson mall, it was all because of the fact that the sale had ended the day before he decided to take a trip to the mall to buy the pair of bootcut jeans he’d wanted for the past few months.