Chapter Thirty Nine

"I don't like this Sutton. At all. It's way too dangerous. Borderline reckless," Kieran said leaning back in his chair. The five of us had all gathered in his office to decide what we wanted to do. We were on a limited amount of time before Montgomery would be on the attack. The fact that we hadn't heard from him already made me nervous.

"It's smart and he won't be expecting it, Kieran. Don't forget that I spent years training under him. I know how he operates," I said, my voice slightly raising.

Kieran ignored what I said turning to his beta. "What do you think Cal," he asked. Clearly looking for backup and support in his opinion.

"Sutton it is pretty dangerous," Cal said, glancing between Kieran and I. I shook my head annoyed that we were even having this discussion in the first place.

"It's not like she's just any pack member Cal. She can mask her scent and she knows him. We should trust her judgment," Lennon said. I gave her an appreciative look.

"I don't want you to do this Sutton," Kieran tried saying softly. Wren scoffed from the corner he was standing in. Kieran glared at him in return.

"Sutton isn't some helpless little luna you can just keep hiding in a corner," Wren nearly spat. He was shaking his head as though the whole thing was absurd.

"I'm not trying to keep her in a corner. I'm trying to keep her alive!" Kieran shouted.

"Yeah whatever, all you overbearing alphas are all the same," Wren said, his body tensing.

Kieran's eyes flashed letting the predator he kept hidden pop out. "You're one to talk. Last time you made a decision she nearly died for it!"

"I messed up, there's no hiding that. But I have never tried to make Sutton be something she isn't. So why are you? Her and I are the best people for this. At least act like you trust her on this," Wren said so cold and casually. His words were like ice. Kieran looked like he was about to lose his hold on control.

"Wren we get it," I said, trying to ease the tension slightly.

"Sutton please," Kieran pleaded quietly. Earning a scowl from Wren.

"I'm doing this, Kieran. It's the best option we have. You need to trust me," I said calmly.

Cal was moving towards Kieran and guiding him out of the room. His arm slung across his shoulder. "Let's go for a run? We can talk about it more when we get back".

Cal knew his friend well enough and recognized that Kieran had come close to losing control. I had never seen him like this before. I knew it had to deal with the fact that he was worried. And that we hadn't completed the bond was making his wolf more on edge then normal.

Once they left Lennon finally spoke, turning her body to Wren. "Stop trying to push him over the edge. You already know how he feels about you being here".

"Kieran said he was fine with Wren being here," I stated confused. Lennon gave me a look.

"Cmon Sutton you really think he wants his mates former flame around?" Lennon said. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment and frustration. "I'm just saying. It's already a lot with the bond and him being here you don't have to keep pushing him like that," She directed her words back to Wren.

"He acts like she isn't capable of taking care of things and I don't like it. I can't keep quiet on that," Wren said.

"I'm just warning you Kieran isn't like other alphas but he is an alpha and she is his mate. There are lines Wren and you are dangerously close to crossing them," Lennon said as she left the room. Leaving Wren and I.