The Scarecrow Walks

The Scarecrow Walks

Bandit was driving his family out to the countryside of Louisiana. This was Bluey and Bingo's first time in the states. The kids in the back were either on their tablets or the phone. "Isn't this great kids! You get to meet your great uncle Harold for the first time! Thomas already met him but you kids get to-" before Bandit could continue he noticed his kids weren't even listening to him. "Kids, your fathers talking to you," Chilli chimes in. Still no answer from them. "Kids!" Bandit shouted. Thomas took off his head phones and looked at his father.

"Did you say something dad?" Thomas asked. "I! Never mind," Bandit said in defeat. "Bingo! Stop chewing with your mouth open!" Bluey complained. "You can't even hear me chewing!" Bingo shot back "I can still see it!" Bluey said glaring at her sister. "What? That makes no sense!" Bingo said to her sister. "Thomas, can you tell her to stop," Bluey asked looking at their older brother. "Stop what! I'm not doing anything!" Bingo said, also looking at their older brother. "How about I get you both to stop!" Thomas said as he licked his hand and wiped it on his sisters heads. "Eww! Mum!" They both cried out.

Chilli let out a sigh as they pulled into an old farm house. "Look kids, your eight, ten and seventeen, at least try to like each other while here," Bandit said as he parked. "She started it!" Bingo said pointing at Bluey. "Did not! You did by chewing!" Bluey shot back looking at her younger sister. "You two seriously need to grow up," Thomas said, putting his phone away. "Hey! You're not off the hook either!" Bingo said, looking at Thomas. "Oh yeah? And why not?" Thomas asked, looking at Bingo. "You keep scaring us!" Bluey said, crossing her arms. "Name one time!" Thomas said, looking at Bluey. "Before we left!" Bluey said again looking at her brother. "Yeah!" Bingo said agreeing with her sister.

(20 hours earlier...)

"Bluey, Bingo, could you two grab those sheets from the laundry room for me please?" Chilli asked while carrying a basket full of clothes. "Yes!" They both said as they went into the laundry room. For some reason the light was off and the two sisters couldn't see anything. Bluey then turned on light so they could see and then they screamed. Thomas was on the ground with a knife in his throat with blood everywhere. Thomas then came to life and gasped for air and grabbed Bingo's leg preventing her from running away. "MUM!" Bluey ran away crying and screaming while Bingo tried to get away while also screaming. Then suddenly Thomas lets go of her and starts laughing really hard.

(Present day)

Bandit couldn't help but crack up laughing. "Bandit! That wasn't funny! And I still have a stain on my floor from that," Chilli said now looking at her son. "It's not my fault you're a bunch of babies," Thomas said looking at his sisters. "We're not babies!" Bluey protested "yeah we're not!" Bingo said again agreeing with her sister. "Oh look, a spider," Thomas said with a smirk. Bingo then screamed, making Thomas laugh. "I think the three of you need some growing up to do," Chilli said looking at her three kids. "Come on kids let's try to have a nice week here," Bandit said looking at his children. "Fine, but it anyone asks they were adopted," Thomas said getting out of the car. "What?! Mum!" The girls shouted. Chilli sighed as Bandit held her hand and kissed. "He's only kidding," Bandit said looking at his wife.

"I know it's just... You and Emily raised him better than that, I don't know where this is coming from," Chilli said looking at her husband. "It's just typical teenager stuff, it'll pass," Bandit said, reassuring his wife. "Yeah, you're right," Chilli said, getting out of the car. Bandit then also got out of the car. Bluey and Bingo then got out of the car and looked around. "This almost looks like Grandad's farm," Bluey said, continuing to look around. "Yeah, but this is more dark and wet," Bingo said, also looking around. "Hey there!" An old husky said coming out of his farmhouse. "Hey, uncle Harold," Thomas said with a wave. "Thomas is that you? You've grown!" Harold said as he hugged his great nephew. "Hey Harold," Bandit said with a smile. "Ah! Bandit! You haven't changed since the wedding! And who are these lovely ladies!" Harold asked, looking at Chilli and the girls. "This is my wife and my daughters," Bandit said, introducing them. "Oh! Emily had said many wonderful things about them!" Harold said as he went up to Chilli and hugged her and then shook the girl's hands.