one

LUKE P.O.V

I walked into my room, annoyed that my mom was making me actually do my math homework, not being able copy it off of some random dude next to me before my teacher would check. My mom also made me focus more on math, if she was going to let me play for the lacrosse team. She told me I needed to get my shit together. To make matters worse, she was a math teacher.

Normally, I would be in the mood to try out for the Lacrosse team, pumped even, even though I sucked balls. But for some reason, I wasn't in the mood for preparing for try outs tomorrow.

I was scrolling down my phone, procrastinating my math homework, when suddenly I heard a noise outside.

Curious, I got dressed in my flannel pyjamas and go outside with a bat. If anyone was going to break in, they would not touch my cd collection and guitar. Anything, but my guitar. I looked around, nobody was there. I then looked up, and almost had a heart attack, almost screaming. My best friend, Michael, was on the roof.

"Michael, what the hell are you doing up on my roof?!" I whispered exclaimed, my mother would be so pissed if she caught me out here. Michael just through his hands up.

"You weren't answering your phone!" He exclaimed, as if it were obvious. "Why do you have a bat?" He chuckled, motioning to the baseball bat in my hand.

"I thought you were an axe murderer, or- or a rapist!" I said, furrowing my eyebrows and throwing my hands up in the air.

"A rapist?" Michael said, bursting out into laughter, as if what I had said was completely irrational. "Look, I know it's late, but you've got to here this. My dad leave twenty minutes ago, dispatch call. It's crazy! Dude, this is going to be fucking awesome."

"For what?" I asked. "What is so important that you had to be on my roof?" Michael held up his middle finger, and climbed down the gutter of my house. I wondered how he was able to pull that off if he wasn't able to walk straight.

"They found a body in the woods!" Michael said, extrealy intrigued. I helped Michael down, and then asked, curoius;

"An actual dead body? Like dead-dead?" I asked.

"No, a living dead... Yes, you fucktard! It's a dead fucking body!" He said, throwing his hands up in the air. "It's a miracle!" He exclaimed. I ignored the last part and asked another question.

"You mean like murdered dead?"

"I don't know yet, man. It's a girl. That's all i know. Nobody does. Maybe my dad does, but he refuses to tell me. Something about me being," Michael placed air quotes. "Too immature to handle it."

Oddly, I agreed with his dad on this one.

"But if they found the body, then what are they looking for? A murderer, a psychopath?"

"Want to know the best goddamn part? They only found half of the body! I wonder which part, the boobs or down under?" He smirked, I ignored his constant immature comments. "We're going."

"Going where?" I asked, running my hands through my non-quiffed hair, and rubbed a hand on my eyes. I was extremely tired, all of a sudden.

"Going to find that chick."