Chapter 10: He's Watching You

Day One:

Jade's P.O.V.

I hold my breath. Tomorrow is the day I am supposedly going to be taken. It is as if I know for sure because it is the only subject on my mind. I don't know when, or how, but the only thing I am positive about is that this may be my last day of freedom. After all I have been through, I choose to give up now. It's hard to figure out why.

I have been a success at everything I am good at; fighting, strength, and holding my beliefs. It's all I have known since I could remember.

Though, now I am not sure anymore.

It's as if my whole perspective on certain subjects has disappeared; it's not there anymore. I can't tell what is what; everything I know is gone.

I hope that since I am going to my best friend's house, everything will go back to normal. If I even still have a best friend. She probably hates me now.

I look in my personal mirror in my bedroom, making sure I am dressed okay. I was currently wearing batman leggings, a Black Veil Brides t-shirt, and a batman sweatshirt. I paired it with a ponytail and a white headband, and a pair of black converse. Today I feel different, like I need to make sure I am dressed well before I leave; I don't know why, but I brush it off. I always seem to be self conscious.

I exit my room, ready to leave for Mel's house. I felt as if I was the only one in my home, though I knew that wasn't the case. My parents had a stubborn personality, as well as me. It just so happens that my parents and I have different perspectives on all topics. When I told them about Mel and her being gay; they took it as a joke. They don't necessarily believe in being gay, and don't find that people should be. After our conversation, let's just say I broke a few precious things in our home. Now, we are ignoring each other for the time being.

I take a look around, making sure that no one will see me leave. After the incident, my parents say they "forbid" me to see my best friend. It's stupid, though; they loved her before they knew. Now they hate her guts. My perspective and their perspectives are different. Mine is just more logical.

I silently head out, checking to see everything exactly where it was. I'm a master at this, I know exactly how to plan a perfect sneak-out.

It was about 3:00 A.M., and still pretty dark outside. I knew Melanie would be up at this time, but I also knew she wouldn't be alone. Mel is the type of girl who sleeps around. She always tells me how much sleep she didn't get due to having a "rough night". At the times before I knew, I always thought it was guys, but now I know its actually girls.

I started my walk to Mel's house. I couldn't drive, or my parents would find out. After years of sneaking out of the house, I know what their blind spots are; as in, what they can do to find out if I left. Now, they think I stopped, but were they wrong.

My thoughts consume me, and before I know it, I arrived at Mel's apartment. I looked at the time, and it was about 5:15 A.M. That means my dad has left for work already, and I am safe. He doesn't check to see if I'm in my room before he leaves anymore, and my mom does not wake up until 1:00 P.M., which is convenient for me today.

Mel gave me her spare key, in case of emergencies. This isn't an emergency, but it is important. She will be ticked off that I... interrupted her, but it's worth it. I need to talk to her.

By the time I unlock her door, I can hear the screaming coming from a girl. Though, I know it's not Mel screaming.

I slowly walk towards her room, praying that everyone in the room has clothes on. I jiggle the handle, seeing that it's locked. I grab a bobby pin I keep in my pocket, just for these types of problems. I wiggle the bobby pin in the handle, hearing a 'click', signalling me that I succeeded.