𝐆𝐈 : Alatus (Xiao)

GENSHIN IMPACT : male reader

Genre : Angst to fluff

Type : Oneshot

AU : Modern, (?)

Plot : Surprise!

Recommended by ? No one.

Nemu's Message : Greetings yet again. I know it has been a long time, a time well spent. I'm doing good in school, just so you know and I'm loving it. No, I have not given up on my passion here, I intend to continue until I run out of ideas and rise again from the ashes. Another official chapter! Thanks for the continuous support and love ya'll! 😊💕

━━

"I'm tired . . ."

Pants left their lips as their feet harshly stomped against the leaves and branches of the forest. Yells were heard behind them as they bounded to the clearing.

"We're almost there! Just a little more!" A coarse voice drowned out in the wind that swept by them. "We can't give up just yet!"

Darting through the forest, hand in hand, were two lovers, bound to two different families, fated to have forbidden love.

"After them!"

"They're getting away!"

Alatus looked up over his shoulder and glared before pushing on faster, dragging his beloved to move and push past his fatigue and limits.

The adrenaline pumped through his system as they jumped over a branch, treading on any plant in their way.

He reached forward towards the field, ever so clear in his visage. He gritted his teeth as he heard their yells of distress.

"They're nearly out of the forest!"

"Xiao must live to see another day!"

"Bring his head to the queen!"

Same sex marriages were looked down upon. It was spat on. Disrespected. Discouraged. It was disgusting to their eyes. It was illegal. But not to his.

Reaching the clearing, they made their way across, messily running and heavily breathing. A spark of hope glowed under those rare golden eyes. That's was until . . .

Twang!

Snap!

A whizzing sound echoed through the field.

His eyes widened, his lover weighing on him. Shaky breathing repeated in his ears like a broken record. He gulped, carrying the weight of his sadness and his lover forward.

"You can't go on with me like this . . ." [M/N] weakly chuckled, limping from beside him. "You can live, have a family and be happy."

Alatus' eyes brimmed with unshed tears. 'After all of the grief we both have been through, you expect me to leave you just like that?!' He profusely shook his head. "No. No. No! I'm not leaving you. I only live when you live, my family is you. My happiness is you!"

He exasperatedly droned on, struggling to hold it all in. He shook his head. "There is no me, without you."

[M/N]'s heart skipped. Silent tears slid down his cheeks. He sniffled and his body quivered, "I'm going to die either way . . ." He glanced down at his bloodied dress shirt, before hastily placing a hand over the point of the arrow that was peaking through his abdomen.

They suddenly halted.

"What are you-" [M/N]'s eyes widened.

Alatus planted a long, soft kiss on his lips. His rough hands slid up and cupped the latter's cheeks and wiped away the tears that continuously flowed.

Finally, [M/N] melted. He wrapped his arms around his lover's neck and pulled him in closer.

They pulled away with a breath and smiled to themselves.

[M/N] hiccuped and cupped Alatus' cheeks back, staining them red with blood. He gazed into those golden hues he loves staring at so much. It swirls with emotions far from what the eye can see. It was so much deeper than sad or happy.

Alatus smiled happily, pressing their foreheads together. "I would never fall in love with anyone else but you. You are the only happiness I yearn and the only comfort I want to feel. I am yours, as you are mine . . ." He pulled [M/N] into a hug, his lips just hovering above his ear.

The furious cheers drowned out as they created their own bubble. They could only feel each other.

"I'm in love with you."

Alatus closed his eyes and hugged his lover tighter. A tear was shed and the two fell.

━━

Alatus shot up from his laying position and gasped. His hand found itself onto his back, where he almost felt the painful slash that ended his life.

The duvet fell onto his lap in ruffles as he ran a hand through his hair. His eyes flickered to the open balcony. It was still dark out.

The curtains swayed lightly and the moonlight peeked through.

"H-Hey . . . What's wrong . . . ?"

He turned his head to see the man of his dreams. The dishevelled [H/C] locks that stuck up in different directions never failed to make him look cute. His eyes were puffy and droopy. He slightly lifted himself off of the mattress to look up and he was shirtless.

Alatus sighed and slumped back down. He shivered and pulled the duvet over them snugly. He too was shirtless.

[M/N] saw his troubled expression and immediately crawled into his arms. He stuffed his face into the crevice of his lover's neck and kissed it, "what's wrong?"

Despite being muffled, Alatus heard and responded. He sighed, resting his hand on his beloved's naked waist, "I just remember . . ."

"You don't have to worry now," [M/N] muttered sleepily.

Alatus laughed to himself, placing a peck on [M/N]'s crown. He spoke into his hair, "you said the same thing in all of our four hundred and twenty seven reincarnations."

When he heard no response, he sighed softly. He pulled his lover closer and smiled softly, "I don't need to worry when I'm with you . . ."

Then he closed his eyes, ready to surrender in the arms of sleep, holding onto someone who he deeply cares about.

The moon shone bright throughout the night, basking the streets in its warm gazing light.

In that room they called their home, as the dull light of the moon shadowed over them and parts of their bodies, something precious glinted from their ring fingers.

Marriage bands.

NO MATTER
HOW LONG
NO MATTER
HOW PAINFUL
YOU WILL
ALWAYS BE MY
HOME