Powers

Chapter 22

The flames are so beautiful and I feel so calm. For some reason they aren’t hot or burning me, the flames just warmed me up and kept me cosy. I snuggled into the wall and let myself just enjoy the quiet, not having to worry about my father trying to kill my babies or my mother being pregnant with my soul mate’s baby. Wow my life is really fucked. I give a small laugh at that thought. 

I am going to kill that bitch of a mother when I get out of this place; my babies are NOT going to have a new aunty or uncle/brother or sister! Then I am going to kill Kane as well for being such a dick!

I see the smoke rising and start to spread around the room, engulfing everything in its path. But for some reason it’s not wrapping around me and stopping me from breathing, instead the smokes a couple of feet from around me and just floats there.

All too soon I heard voices shouting and I saw water being sprayed into the room, fighting against the flames. I sigh knowing that I am going to be punished for this, but I’m too comfortable and calm to worry about the repercussions for my actions. 

The flames start to go out but the feeling of being calm stays with me even though the fire is almost completely out. I just lean further into the wall as I wait for the flames to go completely out and for my father and his men to walk back into the room.  

“Go get her!” I hear a voice command through the thick smoke.

“Bu-!” A number of voices start to protest.

“Do it! She is very valuable!” The man cuts him off. 

“Ok.” I hear a number of people mumble and then followed straight away by coughs. I guess they have started walking to get me, sadly. I sigh as I try to get into a comfier position as a feel a dull ache at the bottom of my back.

“I think I see her!” I hear a gruff voice cough out.

“That’s a chair dickhead!” I laugh at this and I think that gives my position away; I see figure walking towards me. 

“Gotcha!” A man says, he acts likes I have been hiding.

I roll my eyes at him and get up before any of them try to grab me. I dust myself off and look at them giving them a ‘what next?’ look. I response a man walks behind me and roughly handcuffs my hands together. 

“Gotcha!” A man says, he acts likes I have been hiding.

I roll my eyes at him and get up before any of them try to grab me. I dust myself off and look at them giving them a ‘what next?’ look. I response a man walks behind me and roughly handcuffs my hands together.

 “Where do we take her?” One of the guys asks and they all look around at each other, with confusion on their faces.

“Maybe, we could take her to the boss.” All of their faces brighten up at the idea and they nod their head vigorously. I guess these aren’t the brightest bulbs in the bunch. 

“Come on!” One of them shouts at me as they smack me hard on the bum. I jump and moved as quick as I can.

“It’s a shame isn’t it? I mean she is fit isn’t she.” The men start to talk about me like I am not here.

“Yeah what I wouldn’t give to bang her! To bad she’s been with a ‘vampire’.” Another man pipes up and says vampire like it is poison on his mouth.

“Yeah no wonder Prince Kane kept her even though she’s a demon. He obviously had fun fucking her. I heard she was a virgin as well, the blood must have driven him crazy.” They all started laughing at some hidden joke. And I refrain from snapping at them, so instead I just lowered my head and carried on walking.