Your precious source of time

Only the shuffling of Dream's clothes can be heard over his murmurs and quiet hyperventilating. Dream's eyes burst open and he shoots up with a scream checking his limbs and face. He's in a cold sweat; he looks around the cell. When his eyes meet the lava he swiftly scurries backwards away from the bright inferno.

"Today's meal is there for you, Dream!" Sam's faint yell comes from behind the lava. "Sam! Can I shower this morning?" "What was that I couldn't hear you, come closer to the gate." Dream cautiously moves closer to the lava, "May I shower today?" Dream yells his voice feeling hoarse. "I'll open the gate to the shower for you." Sam shouts and Dream steps away from the lava to look for today's potato.

"Oh, they gave me actual food today." Dream says and picks up the plate that held a pork-chop, some carrots and some beets. He ate quickly as he looked to the lava; its flow slowly ended and a bridge was revealed.

He waits until the bridge stops steaming before slowly making his way to the showers. An intercom goes of in the room, "There is replacement clothes for you in the first shower's dry room, make sure to use that shower and don't take too long or else you'll end your shower with frozen water." The guard's cold words echos in the tiled room. Dream opens his inventory window and sees the guardians mining fatigue is still in effect, "There must be a guardian set up for this room too. Of course." He sighs in defeat, closes his inventory and walks toward the shower.

Dream walks into the dry room and peaks at the clothes that reside on the shelf. "Orange isn't quite my colour but it can't be helped." Dream unties the orange jacket from around his hips and removes his T-shirt. He peers down inspecting his skins for any signs of XD's visits. "Nothing, of course nothing." Dream sighs irritated. Dream unzips his pants and slips out of them; kicking the clothes under the shelf that holds his clean clothes.

He steps into the shower and hesitates for a moment. He turns the water on and it starts at room temperature and slowly heats up. Dream hisses and flinches away from the water as it just passes room temperature, he lurches towards the cold tap and hastily turns it. He relaxes and the cool water flows over his weary body, soothing every tenseness in his muscles. Showers always relaxed Dream, he let his shoulders sag and neck loosen rolling his head side to side. He stretches his every muscle from his neck to the tenseness in his arms and to his legs. He lightly massages the water into his skin and grabs the shampoo. He lathers his hands with the soap and quickly washes his hair. As Dream's hair is washed through the water stops and splutters; it bursts with freezing cold water. "Eh!" Dream shrieks and grips the taps.

With a shiver Dream finishes his shower and steps out reaching for the shower's towel. He drys himself off and reaches into the dry clothes for the pants, he puts them on. His T-shirt and jacket is next. "This is the first time I've used the jacket, that water was fucking cold." Dream shivers and walks to the door. He walks along the bridge back to his cell, the lava slowly flows down entrapping him in his cell once more.

The cell instantly warms up and Dream removes his jacket wrapping it around his hips. "Day six, minute 45 since I woke up. Now just the waiting game for that thing." Dream walks to the center of the room and slowly paces waiting for XD.

When silence drops upon the room Dream halts in his tracks and his eyes bolt around the room scanning for the anticipated god. Dream is thrown backwards against the wall and XD appears before him, "Oh, were you waiting for me? I was caught up with something." XD chuckles and Dream is dropped to his feet onto the sleeping bag.

"It's pathetic how much your little life revolves around my visits." XD chuckles and looks down to Dream. Dream takes a deep breath and hastily lurches towards XD shoving it towards the clock. "The one who's pitiful is you! You, a god, tossing someone around everyday on a whim!" Dream shouts and XD thuds against the wall. The clock shatters from the impact and XD chuckles lowly, "Do you honestly think I care about what you think. You really are a Dream."

Within a second XD gripped Dream's head in its monstrous claw and he is thrown to the floor; completely knocking the wind out of him. Dream coughs attempting to breathe, but can only take in short breaths. XD looks down to Dream's breathless state, "Where's all that big talk now? Hm?" XD questions and steps on his forearm. Dream attempts to move his arm, but XD applies more pressure. It looks at the shattered clock, "Oh, look at your precious source of time. How about we make you match it in looks." XD looks back to Dream whose eyes are wide with fear.

The pressure on Dream's forearm increases and his elbow is slowly pushed up from underneath; he hisses in pain as the pressure builds. XD lifts its foot from his forearm and the pressure is relieved, but the pushing from below his elbow continues. Dream grits his teeth and shuts his eyes as XD slams its foot down onto his forearm fracturing both bones with a loud nauseating crack. "Ahh!" Dream lets out a blood-curdling cry. Blood slowly pools under the broken arm and the force pushing up against his elbow vanishes dropping his arm to the floor. XD steps back towards Dream's leg peering at his arm noticing the swelling slowly increase around the bloodied white of his forearm bone sticking out.

Dream's ankle is held in place while the other leg struggles in his attempts to release himself from the restraints. XD hovers its foot above Dream's knee aiming for just below it. Dream kicks against XD's foot derailing its aim, "No! Please, no more! Please!" Dream continued to struggle. "Hold-!" XD points at Dream's struggling leg and it suddenly halts, frozen in place. "Still! Pathetic. The other's-" XD stops talking and chuckles. With a loud snap XD broke Dream's knee and he hollered in pain as it began to swell.

"See it wasn't that-" XD pauses and steps over Dream, it stands in line with the other side of his hip. It reels its leg up and kicks it directly in the middle of Dream's thigh fracturing his femur. "Bad. Not that bad at all." XD finishes its sentence and looks at Dream's pale face. He's slowly losing the ability to scream.

XD kneels down beside Dream and looks him in the eye with a menacing stare. "I will say this, you fight more than the others." It said with a chuckle and Dream threw a punch towards it with his free arm. XD simply stopped the weak punch by holding its claw in the way. "See, exactly my point." Dream's arm drops to the floor beside him as he puffs out all confidence he had left. Without breaking eye contact XD places its claw upon Dream's chest.

"Breathe easy." XD says and shoves its hand down into Dream's chest snapping some of his ribs; Dream lets out a cough breathing the remnants ot his lungs out as the weight of his broken ribs pushes down on his lungs. XD gets up and watches as Dream's breathing got more and more strained.

The room seems to be getting darker and darker as Dream loses consciousness suffocating under the weight of his own ribs. XD waits until the end and watches the life drain from Dream's body.

XD vanishes and the room fills with noise around Dreams peacefully sleeping body. He lays spread out along the floor and shifts to lie on his side.