Gems

She slammed her eyes shut, bracing for whatever was supposed to happen next. But it never came. The writing on the paper stayed just as confusing as it was before. She looked at the book again but couldn't find anything on the other pages, they were all blank.

She closed the book and rolled over on her back, spreading her arms and letting her thoughts and ideas loose. Her gaze fell from the sealing onto the book again, but she couldn't figure out what she had done wrong. Ideas popped up in her mind but not a single one of them was useful for this situation, but she needed answers so she decided to try again.

Her left hand went over the book and grabbed the edge of the covers. She had to move her entire body a few times to do so, so it turned out to be harder than to just lift herself up a bit and normally open it, but it was worth it. The bracelet shone brightly as it came into contact with the hard brown covers, as did the book and eventually her whole body. The light was so bright that she had to cover her closed eyes to avoid pain.

When it went away she was stunned for a moment but soon jumped up and grabbed the letter as quickly as possible. A smirk spread on her face. Bingo! She thought. The writing looked English, so it was kinda creepy but what wasn't right now. The letter said:

"Dear Gem,"

Gem? She thought.

"If your reading this you have already found your first magic item. As you can see your fiscal appearance has been changed to a certain point. It was all done in your favor so you could adept more easily to this new environment that you're in.

Oh... Of course! How silly of me, I almost forgot. This is the land of Aria. A majestic land that has expected people from other dimensions for her own and kept them here ever since. "

So I guess there's no going back for me is there? She thought, a sad look appeared on her face. But on the other hand... a fresh start ain't bad either. Her hands started to sweat from nervousness and her heartbeat was faster, but she wasn't afraid. She refused to be afraid.

"It has done so because of the inability to produce her own intelligent race, but it has done so for millions of years so most believe they are from here.

Those who were chosen are called Gems. Gems can be distinguished by a mark on their body. The animal, element or object is one that best represents them."

A wolf, cool... she thought.

"But be warned! This land is not a peaceful one. It holds magical creatures and beasts that will hunt and kill you. "

Wait what!? She started to panic.

"But people have adapted, made magic items that help them protect themselves, and protect only! They cannot be used for killing directly.

So with these tips and a bag off new clothes and some supplies under the bed I wish you good luck!

And Welcome to the land of Aria!

Yours truly

-A.

P. S.

If you want to change your name now's the time."

"Only this..." she whined. "I'm supposed to live in a completely different world with only this..." she laid on the bed while processing this in her head.

After about half an hour of sulking she made up her mind. She was going to live here with all of her might!

She jumped off the bed and crawled under the bed and grabbed a suitcase. It wasn't hard to pull it out but it wasn't easy either. It was covered in dust. She tried to blow it off but it got inside her nose and mouth so fora a while she couldn't stop sneezing and coughing.

Good job me. She sarcastically said to herself.

When dust finally left her system she opened it.

Inside there were some clothes and other supplies. A simple dark blue, almost black,  short dress with short sleeves, a belt and boots and a pair of fingerless gloves. There was simple armor there, too. Although only for the chest. Also there was a sheathed sword. She picked it and pulled out the blade. It was heavy but she could swing it easily.

"Guess this body isn't as weak as it looks" she said while proudly smiling.

I have a feeling I'm going to like it here. She thought while she put everything on and walked to the mirror. The fear she felt was slowly leaving.

The light in the room was weaker than it was earlier, so it was harder to see, but it didn't cause a problem.

The skirt reached half way down her thigh so the black tattoo was still visible.

In the suitcase there was some money too. She walked out the opened door and closed it behind her. She made her way to the road and looked around her. In front there were mountains whose peeks were covered in white. There was a forest to the left and hills to the right. Not a soul in sight in any direction so she walked off in the direction of the hills.