3. Promise

Taehyung did turn up the next day without any interruption to colour with Mina. The colouring session over the years evolved into painting session with Taehyung's rising interest in Art. Over the last five years, many things have changed between them. Mina would always adore the artist more than the art. She loved watching Taehyung rambling about different type of colors, artists and art history. She would pretend that she understands everything just to see the extra amount of gleam in his eyes.

Over the years, she has also realized why Sana behaved like her like that. She also understood that there are many differences between her and Taehyung's lives but she overlooked all of it because:

Taehyung sees her as his equal. He never discriminates.

Mrs Kim has also become a bit less skeptical with Mina. She would allows Taehyung playing or studying with her but that too because the guilt of not giving much time to him. She was always demanded to attend different social events with Mr Kim as he is one of the leading advocate of the South Korea. Her other half of the time is devoted towards looking after Seokjin as he prepares to study law at Harvard and later plans on taking over his father's law firm.

Taehyung had always felt left out. He tries to copy what Seokjin does to make his father happy but his efforts remain unseen when compared to his elder brother. He even practiced Mathematics alot but is it his fault that his score always remains in the 60s?

He sees Mrs Lee and Mina as the main pillars of his life. Mrs Lee takes care of him like he is her son and as far as Mina is concerned, he knows that Mina will never judge him for his flaws. He tries to hang out with Seokjin to form a brother bond with him but to his dismay those attempts usually remains unsuccessful.

As for Seokjin, he hates when Taehyung always get his way with things and their parents have no expectations from him. He is his brother, but why does he feel so unattached to him?

While Mina remains the knight in shining armour for Taehyung. She always turns his blues away and brings happiness to him. Mina still has lot of other things to deal with. She had lost her father 4 years ago. Not to life, but to another woman. Her father left her mother for someone else. Someone who can give him a better life and a son. He had an extramarital affair going behind her mother's back for many years and finally left them when his mistress announced the birth of their son.

The scene is still fresh in her head:

Sora ( Mrs Lee) said, "Minho, what are saying? You can't just leave us! Tell me that you are lying!"

"I am just tired of looking after you and your daughter for too long! If you gave me a son instead of a daughter you wouldn't have lost me to her! All you do is taking care of that Rascal son of the Kim's or spend other time with this girl!" replied Minho.

Sora said while crying, " We can work it out. Don't leave us and as far as working with Kim's are concerned, you brought me work here! I never wanted to do it! It was you who wanted extra money in the house but  you were wasting it on alcohol."

Minho remains stunned.

"Or you spent in on your mistress?" asked Sora.

The screaming sound of Sora declined when she received a slap from Minho. After that slap, Minho grabbed his bag and all the cash from the house and left them to their accord.

Mina was always a calm girl. She just saw the scene unfolding infront of her. That left her shocked but strangely she did not cry. She went to Sora was sobbing by the edge of their bed and hugged her. Sora hugged her back and sobbed more loudly.

Mina suddenly looking at her mother said, "Eomma, did Appa leave because of me?"

Sora had no answer and she hugged her more tightly and rubbed her back.

Mrs Kim was sympathetic towards what happened with Sora. She let her work in the house. As a matter of fact, both Sora and Mina gave company to Taehyung. Due to Mina' constant presence in Taehyung's life, she took care of her Education. She admitted Mina to Yongsan International along with Taehyung. If Mina was going to be his life, then she needs to be atleast the level of his circle. Also she didn't want Taehyung to learn her low life habits.

Coming to, Mr Kim, he is the most uninterested person when it comes to talking about the household. He did not considered this to be an important event to stop his work and look at it. He had more important things to do. He had to look after Seokjin's future.

The only thing which resulted positive from this event was that Taehyung and Mina could now be friends without playing the hide and seek. Taehyung loved the idea of Mina going to school together with him. Mina was a bit scared about the quickly changing things around her and that didn't went unnoticed by Taehyung.

On the first day of Mina's new school, Taehyung held her hands and said,

"Don't be afraid, you have me and I am not going anywhere."

"I promise."