9 ~ The Swift ~ 9

~•~
Across the sea, a legend grew and thrived.
The name, Kaerhys the Swift, Conqueror of the Stepstones swept across the water by seastorm. His name was whispered amongst the Kingdoms; he who rode a phantom beast, some believing to be the ghost of the Black Dread resurrected, with a wreath of flames crowning his head. Kaerhys steadly fought to reclaim the rogue lands that once bridged Essos and Westeros as one. And then, with a single blink, he was gone, returning to his kingdom amongst the clouds, upon his steed of vapour.
Some fear The Swift may return to claim more than only the Stones. How deep his ambition ran, no one knew, but his power was of myth and legends.
Was it possible, for Kaerhys to step up and join the game of thrones?
~•~

It had been six years since my feet touched back down on King's Landing soil. Six years since my nose had inhaled the smoke scented air. Six years since I felt the warm, sun swept breeze, bathe my flesh and race through my red hair.

Helios yipped, pushing up to stand high on his hind legs once realising the place we landed.

Bringing down his face, scorching my palms, I pressed my forehead against his and felt his heat envelope me. I knew the gentle creature was not happy to be here. It couldn't be blamed. Compared to the freedom he was allowed these last six years, returning to the pits must have induced a deep rooted panic.

"I know," I cooed, "Helios, I know."

I too, remember how the keepers jabbed staffs into his side and chained him up, tight enough to restrict all mobility.

Pressing one last kiss to his snout, just as I noticed the Keepers sulking out from the pits to retrieve My Helios, I whispered a single word in High Valyrian.

"Fly."

Upon my hushed command, Helios took to the skies, the dragon keepers rushing over to bring him back down. But by the time they got close, Helios was already dancing amongst the clouds, melting into the white.

I smirked at the Keepers, "Seems you were both too slow to catch him. He is a boisterous creature."

I had no fear Helios wouldn't return. We had been seperated on many occasions, and each time I needed him to return I simply called to him through our strange, unnatural bond and the beast would come bounding down from the skies in less time it took me to tie my laces. I was convinced that Helios remained in constant orbit over my head, to be sure that if I summoned, or needed him, he could reach me swiftly. My creature's loyalty was without contest, and he had proven himself as my final token of sanity. Were I to lose My Helios, were he to face injury, I would burn the whole world to ash... and I wouldn't need the breath of a dragon to do so.

The two keepers drew their gaze up and down the length of me before recognition clicked in their eyes. My smile deepened, brows lifting in expectation.

"Lady Khaelyra," they spoke in the mother tongue, bowing their heads slightly. This would likely be the greatest respects I would receive upon my return to King's Landing. It would be all down hill from here, Im sure.

I moved to step away from the two men, both of which I recognised from childhood, but then halted my movements. I gave them both a long hard stare.