Chapter 22

Chapter 22 Herman

    In the early morning, Herman was sitting in his home yard reading the morning newspaper. The green plants behind him were lush and blooming with flowers that did not match the seasons.

    The habit of reading the morning newspaper was taught by the elders in the family. In today's society, the newspaper has become a transparent movable paper, a form of entertainment, and a pastime belonging to the upper class.

    Beside him, a robot wearing a neat butler uniform and white gloves is skillfully making a cup of black coffee.

    "Master, please use it."

    Herman's hair was a beautiful brown-gold under the sun, and his green eyes were like Wang Shentan. After reading the financial news of the day, he casually flipped through other sections and noticed a bold red headline.

    【shock! The Third Research Institute was attacked by terrorists at night, causing heavy losses, 9 deaths and 200 injuries! ]

    Seeing the familiar name, Herman's brows jumped. He quickly clicked on the headline and rummaged through the detailed report below.

    The video accompanying the report is of the raging fire last night. Several ambulances roared past in front of the camera. Researchers with different injuries shouted and cried. The overall picture was very chaotic.

    The main content of the news was vague, but stated the fact that Conrad, the director of the institute, fell to his death, and eight other researchers died of serious injuries. And the media called the main culprit of this night attack a 'terrorist', a description that is easily reminiscent of some fanatical religions and aberrations.

    But Herman couldn't help but think of a person.

    That... Strictly speaking, he only had a relationship with one side, and he didn't see the face at all.

    After searching carefully in the newspaper for a long time, Herman found a small line at the bottom: The police are trying their best to search for the criminals, please witness citizens to provide clues and information.

    It seems that I can't find it... I don't know why I suddenly breathed a sigh of relief.

    Herman subconsciously picked up the coffee cup and took a sip.

    There are a large number of netizens replying below the news report, and the one with the highest number of likes is a link.

    [Extraordinary scandal: child abduction, human experimentation, the Third Research Institute builds 'scientific progress' with life]

    This video has been reposted many times by netizens, and the original publisher's address has long been unavailable. Even if the federal government keeps deleting the video, the new The upload channel continues to spread its influence like an electronic virus.

    Herman frowned, and he clicked to play.

    The video image was slightly shaking. From the moment the door was opened, the photographer walked silently through the laboratories, filming the introduction recorded on the door panel, all the way from No. 12 to No. 68.

    "No. 12: Extreme cold experiment. After the excision of the excess limbs, the experimental subject can integrate well with the machine, and can survive in the environment of -50 degrees without injecting a decooling agent, and all the senses are normal. This result is available. Military operations in the polar regions."

    The faces of those children were clearly recognizable, and some of them even noticed the camera and cast ignorant eyes. Herman couldn't bear to look at it after a few glances.