October 31st, 2014

Limestone, Connecticut

I was home alone, while my parents were at a banquet on this Friday night, aka Halloween. I lived out in the woods, where we didn't get any trick or treaters. The window was left open, and I heard the sound of a bear growling. The bear population was huge around here in Connecticut.

I tried to close the window, but it wouldn't budge. I heard the sound of a man, moaning. "I need corned beef hash!"

My heart started to race, and sweat formed on my face, trickling down my neck. The moaning of the man, came ever so closer. "I need some corned beef hash!"

Whimpering, I called the police, but the line was busy. All I got was this message.

"The Limestone Police Department will not be able to assist residents tonight. Be safe, and Happy Halloween!"

"Is this supposed to be some kind of joke?!" I barked. And, much to my shock and horror, the moaning man, came in through the open window, walking like a zombie towards me.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, making a run towards my closet in my room, and locked myself in.

"Fix me some corned beef hash!" demanded the man.

I was cowering like a scared puppy in my closet. I hoped he wouldn't find me. This stranger really wants his corned beef hash, but we don't have any. What am I supposed to do? Rush out to the supermarket, and get some?

"I want my corned beef hash!" barked the man. He raided the cabinets in search of a can, but found nothing. In his rage, he threw out cans of creamed corn, tomato soup, and chili.

Several hours have passed by. Thinking the man finally left, I got out of my closet, and saw that the kitchen was a huge mess. The refrigerator was left open, and a jar of mayo was poured out onto the black and white tile floor. My parents never made it back home. I turned on the news, and it was revealed, both my parents died in a fiery explosion on the road.

"Mom, Dad!" I shrieked. Then, the moaning was back. I slowly turned around, and there he was, eyes brimming with anger.

"You don't have any corned beef hash, do you?" he said in a sinister tone.

"No, sir," I replied, meekly.

"There's only one thing left to do," he said in a monotone voice. He got a needle out of his jeans pocket, and injected me with it. Before I could scream in pain, my whole world went dark.

THE END