Prologue

The little 9-year-old girl giggled quietly as her twin ran around the backyard of their small home in Germany

"Pietro! Wanda! Was tust du!?"

(Pietro! Wanda! What are you doing!?)

The dark-haired twins turn to their mother who was rushing out of their home to their side. "Mama schau, Pietro ist so schnell!" Wanda shrieked, giggling, unaware of the pure terror on her mother's face.

(Mama look, Pietro is so fast!)

Her grin dims when she sees the furrow in her mother's brow.

"Mama?"

.

.

.

The 11-year-old whimpered as she hid in the locked closet. She clenched her fists at her temples, trying to will away the voices.

"Wanda? Are you ok?" Pietro. His little voice so accented.

She cried out. She tried to focus only on Pietro, but he was too fast, to loud.

She cringed away from the door.

The mocking whispers were heard just beyond the door. "Wanda, sweetheart?"

Mama.

"Wanda, I want you to focus on me, only me." The brunette focuses on her mother's calm and quiet voice, the same as her thoughts.

Gentle and kind, not a single mocking thought- like the others.

She slowly removed her fists from her head and moved to open the locked door. On the other side stood her mother, and her brother.

Pietro's hair was a shocking pale shade of silver, contrasting to her darker brown hair.

She jumped to hug her twin and mother, begging for comfort.

.

.

.

At age 15 she was practically comatose. Locking herself in her room, hoping to hide away from the chaos outside.

Laura, her half-sister stood outside her door knocking constantly.

"Wanda, Wanda, Wanda!" She sat on her window seat, quietly looking down at the car as it stopped in front of the house. With her powers she could sense 3 men in the car, but one felt off.

As if he had more than one mind. Odd.

She held her attention on the men as they came to the door. They asked to speak with Peter, her twin. Her gaze followed through the floor as they walked down to the basement.

"Wanda!" Her gaze wanders to her door, her head empty and disinterested. She silently steps off her window seat to open the door. Glancing down at the little brunette in front of her she stares at Laura. Her sister openly gaped up at Wanda as the older girl moved past her, leaving her room for what was probably the first time in months.

For the first I'm in months she was interested in something.