Goodnight, Ray

RAY'S POV, 11:04 P.M.

Once I was done laughing my ass off, I flopped on Norman's bed and yawned.

"I wanna live your life." I mumbled. Norman looked at me and blinked, clearly confused. I looked back at him. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. He didn't respond, he just smiled and sat next to me.

He sighed and lied on his back like how I was. "You're funny, you know?" He said. I didn't know if I should be offended or not, so I just looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean 'funny?'" I questioned, turning onto my side and holding my head up with the palm of my hand. Norman sat up again.

"Well, one second you're dying of laughter, and the next, you're yawning and lying down all calmly." He explained. "Sorry if I offended you, though. I didn't mean to." He rubbed the back of his head.

"I- don't worry about it! You didn't offend me, I was just a little confused." I said, sheepishly. Norman smiled at me. I smiled back, sniffling.

"You alright?" He asked, an innocent look on his face. I nodded, still smiling.

"Yeah, just allergies. I'm fine." I responded, sitting up and against the headboard of his bed. He did the same. "So... do you wanna watch a movie or something? I noticed your laptop over there." I said, just to change the subject.

Norman suddenly jumped up at the idea. "Oh! Yeah, that actually sounds nice. What genre were you thinking?" He said, walking over to his desk, grabbing his laptop, and sitting back on the bed in the same position as he was in prior.

"I didn't think that far ahead, actually." I said, a bit embarrassed. He laughed as he opened his laptop, only to reveal a lock screen with a background of a fluffy white furred cat with a light brown patch faded onto its face.

"Oh, that reminds me. Ellie, baby!" Norman called. I was confused. Just then, a cat, the same cat as in the picture on his laptop, jumped on the bed.

Aw, I thought. The cat leaped into Norman's lap and lied down, staring at me with its dull blue eyes.

"This is my cat. I got her when I was six." He said, then yawning. I smiled. My face warmed up a bit as I looked at him and he opened Netflix on his laptop.

We ended up picking a show to watch instead of a movie. We picked the show Grey's Anatomy. Norman was already in the middle of the most previous season and he ended up crying his eyes out like ten times while I almost threw up.

He yawned as he stretched. "I'm tired." He said. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, me too." I replied. He shut the laptop and I slid off the bed and onto the floor. "I'm going to bed." I said.

"You don't have to sleep down there." He peered down at me from the edge of the bed. I shook my head as he sighed. "Well, at least take a pillow and blanket."

Norman got off the bed and walked to his closet. He grabbed a pillow and a blanket, then threw them at me from the edge of the bed. The pillow hit me in the face, and the blanket didn't even make it all the way across the room.

"Agh- sorry!" He said. He crawled into the bed and gave me the blanket. I smiled at him being so apologetic.

"No need to apologize, you weirdo." I said, putting the pillow underneath my head and covering myself with the blanket. "Goodnight, Norman."

Norman looked at me, his face a bit red from embarrassment. "Goodnight, Ray." he said. His voice was now raspy and more tired sounding. He yawned, "sweet dreams."

He was out cold within the next five minutes, but he was silent as a mouse as he slept.