Psych [6]

"All right, let me do the talking," Shawn told the group as they walked towards where Lassiter and his partner were having lunch.

"Is there even an option?" Diana teased.

"I want a lot of witnesses for my miraculous vision,"

"Detectives!" Diana waved. "Detectives! Detectives!"

"We have a breakthrough," Gus added.

"It is crucial," Shawn emphasized.

"I also have something important." Lasiter said, "I call it lunch. Make an appointment,"

"But this is..." Diana started.

"You don't have my interest. You don't have my ear. Find a beat cop. Tell your story. Maybe I'll read the report,"

Shawn glanced over and saw Diana's frustration. "Uh-oh,"

"Detective!" Diana shouted, "Don't eat the chicken," she warned.

"Don't eat the chicken?" Gus questioned.

"Billy Camp's working the grill," Diana revealed.

"So?"

Diana rolled her eyes. "So? Billy Camp has the worst hay fever I've ever seen. Feel this wind? Feel it?"

Diana smirked as Lassiter stood up and headed over to them. "You're up, psychic,"

"Okay." Lassiter called out, "What is it?"

***

Diana rolled her eyes as she sat in between Shawn and Gus.

Next to her, Shawn was practicing his surprised look.

Lassiter got out of the car as they came to the woods. "This is great. Now what?"

"Does anyone have any binoculars?" Shawn asked.

"No. No. You see, we don't carry binoculars,"

Shawn reached into his back pocket and grabbed the binoculars from earlier "Ooh, never mind," he looked through them. "There it is! Just like I saw it,"

Lassiter grabbed the binoculars from Shawn and looked through them at the cabin. "Want to tell me what I'm looking for, please?"

"Uh, I'm...I'm not sure exactly. I see a bone?"

"What, a human bone?"

"No. No. Rawhide? And a ball,"

Lassiter noticed the golden retriever "Holy crap," he looked over at his partner. "Call for backup,"

"What? What do you see, Detective?"

Diana hit Shawn in the gut to get him to tone it down.

***

"I can't believe they won't let us in," Shawn argued as the trio watched the detectives follow after SWAT to the cabin. "This is lame,"

Diana rolled her eyes as she got her camera ready. "And you were so polite when you asked the SWAT team to issue you the Luger,"

"Make sure you act in awe of me when they come to say I was completely right. Oh, and maybe act a little afraid like my powers could be used for evil,"

Gus took a frightened step back as the golden lab hurried over to Diana. "Oh, watch out!"

"For what?" Diana laughed as she knelt to pet the dog " The tongue?"

"That thing could be vicious,"

"Yeah. Diabolical with its calculated decoy tail wagging,"

"There's blood on its whiskers!"

Diana moved the dog to view its face. "I'm sure it's just Snausages,"

"Are you sure?"

Diana stood up and wiped her hands on her pants. "Yes,"

"Mr. Spencer," An officer said, "follow me,"

"Now, if there's any press besides Dee, make sure you mention our agency,"

"Your agency? You haven't even finished your first case yet," Diana pointed out.

"I applied for a DBA online. Which reminds me, we're going to need a name,"

"You want me to write about an agency that doesn't have a name yet?"

"Well, Mind Masters was already taken. Make sure you tell them that we do private cases. 'Cause I bet the department's only going to be good for one or two months,"

"Or once," Diana muttered.

"Remember, act surprised," Shawn said as he walked up the cabin steps. "Wow. It is just like I saw before,"

"Shawn," Diana whispered as she noticed the body on the floor.

Shawn looked around as the detectives looked at him.

"You told me it was Snausages," Gus hissed at Diana.

"I was hoping it was," Diana whispered.