Psych [9]

"Why are we at the McCallum offices?" Gus asked. He had gone to the restaurant to pick up Diana, but Shawn went for the passenger seat before Diana could even reach the door, telling Gus a street address.

"What is the magnification on these things?" Shawn complained about the binoculars he held.

"2X," Diana revealed.

"Ooh," Shawn cheered, "here we go. Here we go,"

"Oh, hell no," Gus exclaimed as the daughter walked out of the building. "You got me out of work so you could stalk a girl?"

"I didn't know about this, Gus," Diana said.

"Damn it," Shawn cursed as he noticed her boyfriend there. "What is he doing here?"

"I can't believe this," Gus argued.

"What's up with his hair? It isn't very pleasant. I knew I should've had him picked up for questioning. That is not the way a grown man kisses a grown woman. We're...we're fine,"

Diana rolled her eyes.

"Why does she look so nervous?" Shawn noticed the bag in hand. "Oh, no. Is it just me, or does that bag look filled with stacks of ransom money?"

Diana grabbed the binoculars from Shawn. "Give me that." she looked through. "Oh, my God."

"Katarina," Shawn whined.

"It was her?" Gus asked.

"You're dating a murderer," Diana laughed.

"Not exclusively," Shawn corrected.

"That's what you want to correct me on? Really?"

***

"You see, I knew there was a reason she went for you so easily," Gus teased as he drove the car to follow Katarina.

"She wasn't lying, Gus," Shawn argued. "I know when people are lying,"

"To an extent," Diana gloated.

***

Gus, Diana, and Shawn watched from the alleyway.

"Should we call the cops?" Gus voiced.

"Too late for that," Shawn reasoned.

"You could pretend you had a vision of a girl manipulating you,"

"Would you stop?"

"Guys..." Diana hushed them as Katarina took out the black bag from her trunk.

"What should we do?" Gus voiced.

"There's only one thing to do," Shawn reasoned as he exited the car.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Diana groaned.

"You going after him?" Gus asked.

"Nah." Diana shook her head. "I want to see how this plays out,"

They watched as Shawn ran up to Katarina and the male employee.

"Shawn?" Katarina asked.

Shawn grabbed the bag and ran back to Gus's car. "Ha ha!" he moved only to find the door locked. "Gus, you locked the car?!"

"It's a bad neighborhood!" Gus exclaimed.

Katarina walked over. "What in the world's going on, Shawn?"

"I know what's in the bag," Shawn said.

"No, you don't," Diana shouted.

Shawn hit the window in retaliation.

"You do?" Katarina voiced.

"You're good." Shawn said, "Excellent. I didn't consider who'd be the sole heir to the McCallum fortune if Camden was out of the picture,"

"Okay, okay. Wh...you think I want my family's money?"

"You don't need it, do you, now that you've got..." Shawn unzipped the bag and pulled out clothes. "This money!"

Diana laughed from inside the car.

Shawn looked over at Gus. "We've got to get better binoculars,"