01

Chapter 1: Who Am I

Chapter 1: Who Am I

I want to throw myself away from the second floor.

Like running from the back of the bathroom through the balcony fall, but I think by the time I reach the ground, father's guard would have built a trampoline. The maids would have called an ambulance, and my mother would have fainted in the background. My brothers would have been called back from their business trips, and my father would look at the chaos with a pissed face.

I'm still not ready to have my credit card blocked yet again... how will I treat my friends with food if I have no money or even if I need time for myself.

"Yoo Sooji, this is the fifth time to reject another bachelor this month. When will you settle down like the rest of your brothers?" I let out a groan. That natural wake-up call I get every day is my life. As I opened my eyes slowly, I saw mother pulling the blinds out. Groaning at the brightness, I cover myself in my blankets.

"I'll start settling down when I find the man I want to be with," I mumbled. The woman had stared at her daughter, and she let a huff.

"I'll be in my grave by the time you get a boyfriend...."

"Well, it's better than nothing, mother..." the woman glared at her daughter as she walked her way in front of her and pulled the sheets away.

"Your father wouldn't say the same thing, Sooji... Get ready downstairs. Your father wants to speak to you and your brothers...."

"Jisung and Hyunsuk are back from their business trips?'

"Your brothers arrived last night on your date, they insisted on picking you up, but your father wouldn't let them." Mom took a little wash towel before wiping my face slowly. I didn't bother removing my makeup last night; it was tiring, and I don't know if I can ever recall the previous night's event.

"It would be better if they had picked me up...." I mumbled

"Come on, Sooji... get up. Your father wants to talk."

I look at mother as I groan, "Please, not another blind date...."

"It's not another blind date... Soojin-ah, just please come downstairs...."

"Fine..." Mom took a second as I held up a thumbs up. When she was satisfied, she nodded. I looked at the time, and it was 5:27. School doesn't start for another one and a half hours, and I'm already out of bed.

Being the only daughter of a famous Businessman has its perk, all of the pretty bags, sparkly shoes and pretty Barbies every Birthday, Easter and Christmas.

It was a great life when you were still in diapers, but when you're at the age where you want to live a bit more maturely and ask to not be babied anymore, they won't listen. The burden just doesn't even last there. Since you're still a high schooler, you want to live like normal teenagers, go to parties and have fun with your friends. You're supposed to go on dates with the person you love.

Every day I dread waking up with another dress shoved into my face as I was told that a dinner date was scheduled for me. I was not allowed to go to parties, and studies were my priority. I don't get to choose my love life. An arranged marriage is likely happening if this keeps up.

I heard the door knock and the doorknob suddenly twist.

"Miss Yoo... Your school uniform is ready, and driver Lee will be downstairs with your bag. You have exactly 10 minutes to go down and another 30 minutes to have breakfast with your parents. They expect you to be in the garden since your father insisted on having breakfast there...." I looked at Miss Han as I tried to process all that, and she smiled.

"Come on, Miss, you need to change – off you go" she then pushes me inside the changing room and hangs the dress as she closes the door.

I changed quickly, grabbed my red book, ran downstairs, and went straight to the garden.

I was about to go in went I felt a hand had grabbed me, and I saw that Miss Han was the one who had caught me and ushered me behind the pillars.

"I would advise you go in there empty-handed, Young Miss. I don't think your father is in time for jokes as usual here –" she ushered me to hand my book. She promised it would be in the car and handed me a tray of tea –" Chrysanthemum tea, just how your father would like." I mutter a small thank you in one hand and Miss Han 'tut'.

"It's better if you hold it like –" she grabbed my other hand – "like this, wouldn't want your parents to know, Miss."

I thanked Miss Han and joined my parents and brothers in the garden. I would mentally pray a billion thanks to Miss Han for reminding me, I might come off from a wealthy family, but I'm in love with working. But my parents would have disapproved of me working there because they thought it might ruin their image.

I'm a waitress in a café just a few blocks from Choonhee's, which is why she was one of the first girls I met. I had been working part-time there where an old lady had. Ms Kang was looking for a helper and I kind of pitied her because she looked like she had no avail, so I asked her if I could help, and she agreed. She offered to pay me, but I turned down and instead, she said I could bring home one of the café's pastries all I wanted. She told me that I was filling in for her grandson, and he would only be helping with the pastries hence the lovely-smelling pies every time I work.

I began to walk into the garden. I could see that two of my brothers were in chairs available on the porch while my father and mother were intently talking to each other. Butler Kim announced my arrival, and they all looked through my directions.

"Now tell me, Yoo Sooji, why did you reject another bachelor I've given you?"

So much for early morning tea.

lol hi... I know I'm not finished with my other books, but I need something light to write.