03

Chapter 3: Can I have this time?

         "I'm telling you, Sooji, he is a gentleman. I don't see the problem why you don't like him," Heeyoung smiles as she scrolls her phone over the article on my last date.

I shrugged at her, "There is nothing wrong with him, Heeyoung... but he wasn't the kind of person I want to end up with... beside, he was really strict with what he wanted. It sounded like I was a maid more than a wife.'

Heeyoung smiled sadly at me, "I guess he wasn't what the media had portrayed him, and I wouldn't know either. I'm not the one getting married."

"Ugh... can we please not say any marriage? It gives me a headache on the upcoming date I have...."

"Huh...? I thought you didn't want to go anymore...." Heeyoung asked me as we sat in calculus. We were discussing last night's fiasco. The girls know what I've been through and were nice enough to do a background check on every guy my parents had set up, not that they haven't don't it beforehand, but we would like to gossip about it.

"Yeah... but I promised my brother I would go since it was one of his friends and said I have to try it. His picking me up later, so I don't think I can hang out today after school." I told her truthfully.

She hums and smiles, "that's fine, I don't think the girls will make a big deal out of it, but I need the tea spill after."

I laugh at her and smile, nodding at the request, "I mean, who would do a background check on the boys I'm going to tonight if it isn't you, Heeyoung?"

She laughs, and then her eyes glimmer, giving me a light punch in the arms, "So have you heard about Heeyeol today?"

Thinking about it, I haven't seen her since this morning. I only saw Heeyoung today. I was busy eating, and the handsome man...

Wait

Why do I think about him?

With his plump lips and sparkling chocolate eyes, his broad shoulders and perfect posture, he was perfect. I didn't realize I was daydreaming about the handsome boy Heeyoung was snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Soo... Is something wrong?" She asked suddenly, "you are acting like Heeyeol on first break this morning. Are you okay?"

I looked at her and smiled, "I'm alright... just a little bit worried about tonight." I lied, I have to, or I'll never hear the end of it.

"Our Heeyeol got herself a boyfriend!" my eyes widen, and I laugh. We all knew the guy who managed to capture our friend's heart.

Isn't that a great story to write? I wouldn't even mind having someone who could understand and love me as naturally as that.

"Finally! I'm so happy for her. Got to congratulate her on it later." Heeyeol is my sister. Listening to her parent's tragic love life made her swear that she would not fall in love, but I'm glad she'll be able to find her happiness.

"Uh... I don't think you should do it now though, Soo... sure she got herself a boyfriend, but that doesn't mean they are, you know –" looking at her as she scratches her neck awkwardly –"together."

"Huh...?" Oh my, what kind of twisted stories are there to unravel?

"I mean, like she's falling in love, I know, we'll we saw her smiling, daydreaming and Sua saw her with Kim Namjoon... so we thought..." ah... another match matching with the girls, I shake my head. The girls... like playing cupid. No wonder our next target is Moon Heeyeol.

"You shouldn't really pressure her... you kids..." I shake my head.

Kim Namjoon, huh? One of the Bangtanboys, I assume, a name I'm pretty familiar with. Well, they look perfect together, I think. I hope it'd be easy for her. Unlike my tragic love life, she got to pick hers.

"Are you scolding me right now, Sooji – "she looks at me and smiles evilly – "I should ask Hyejin and Tera to set you up."

I hush her with a motherly voice, "please don't ask those two. I'll never hear the end of it."

She couldn't help to laugh and shake her head in agreement. Those two would never stop bothering her if they knew. The bell suddenly rang, indicating that class was about to start. Heeyoung turns her back to the front as the home teacher Mrs Lee greets us all.

"All right, the class listens up!" murmurs, filling the room and suddenly quiet.

"We have a new student here. He just moved from an all-school boy, so please be nice to him and help him." The whole class answered a 'yes,' and the teacher gestured for the new kid to come in and there he was in all of his glory.

I was not really paying attention, but I should have when I heard him introduce himself."

'My name is Kim Seokjin, and I just moved in from an all-boys school, so please take care of me.' Knowing that familiar voice, looking up, I was staring. No coincidence happens like this unless we're inside a story. I couldn't help to look up instantly, and It was him!

It was the guy who offered me the selection of breakfast that morning.

"Alright, Seokjin... you could sit there beside Yoo Sooji... Please be a sweetheart and raise your hands." I raised my hands timidly as I caught a glimpse of Heeyoung gaping at the boy.

He looks at me and smiles.

Gosh, those smiles...

The class again erupted with murmurs as he walked in my direction, primarily scowling boys and squealing girls.

He bowed and sat beside me; I couldn't help but tense.

Please tell me I'm not living in a fanfiction world. No, this is not fanfiction were all high school love starts, is it? As the teacher ushered us to open our textbooks, he was unpacking his necessity.

Heeyoung looks behind and ushers me to come closer.

"Did I just see an Angel fall from heaven? He's Perfect!" I look at her rolling my eyes.

"He's okay...." Whispering back while shutting Heeyoung's mouth from drooling over the man beside me.

"No... are you blind? He's –" she was stopped when suddenly I heard a voice speaks, a familiar voice that had been corrupting my whole morning. That damn voice.

"Excuse me..."