-Chapter One-

Even with Michaela gone, our busy morning schedule still hasn't changed. Steven still hogs the bathroom, fixing his hair and still looking for his invisible beard. Lincoln Loud who? Mom and Dad, especially Dad let it slide though. They say that it's part of his journey to manhood (or at least Dad does.) 

What journey if I may ask? He'll always be a dork to me (the second definition specifically). Dad still tries to cook us breakfast. It still sucks. This is why we have no fruits in the house. Steven takes them all. It might be because he's always in a rush to meet Tina, his girlfriend. She's alright. She's one of those smart girls. I don't know how she and Steven are together. Even though they're in two different leagues. Enough about the "Geek Charming" couple, it's nothing I haven't griped about.

Mom still shouts up the stairs for Steven to hurry up and for us to stop cursing each other out, or for me to stop messing up his hair so that he can spend an extra day in the bathroom. Sometimes, I think that he's the favorite. What a great choice, am I right?

The drive to school is still a boring 20 minutes. Assembly is still annoying. Ivanka still bothers me and makes snide comments, leaving me no choice but to return them. Yesterday she called me a retarded cow. How creative—if it were Opposite Day. Anyways, I called her Mrs. Trump, which made her shut right up. Another annoying person is Mr. Hansen.  Why did they hire that man to be our gym coach? He is a bony stick that loves to shout and give orders that he himself probably can't even do. He makes us run 10 laps a minute around the track in the winter because Ivanka and Jamie can't shut their pie holes, as my Nana Linda would put it. I'll use her words because those two make me think of using more colorful vocabulary.

Mom still forces me and Dad to do book club with her. Something is telling me they have some sort of deal going on, because Dad would never sit with our aunts and mom's coworkers. Especially Ms. Martinez and Auntie Nina. We're reading "Tuck Everlasting" by Natalie Babbitt. Fantasy was never my preference . Most of the time, we don't even read.  Everyone just talks, and by everyone, I mean Auntie Nina talks with mom about their childhood and Ms. Martinez blabs on and on to Dad about her ex-husband and continuously jibes to him, along with asking him if he understand why men are the way they are, and most disturbingly and secretly, she occasionally flirts with him as if Mom isn't there. When she does this, it makes me realize that Mom really only invites her because that's her soon-to-be supervisor and doesn't want to hand out reasons to complain about her to their boss, or even in the faculty room. To Mom, there is nothing worse than being complained about in the faculty room. I'll believe her on that one.