Chapter 611 - Five Versus Five

Asskickers United's line-up of top players was truly enviable. Qin Han and Cao Xu had employed all sorts of methods in an attempt to lure them over, including offering ludicrous sums of money, only to be met with failure after failure. Their loyalty to Nie Yan was too deep, leaving Qin Han and Cao Xu feeling helpless. With devoted members like these, Asskickers United would never fall.

Many of the top players from Asskickers United were elites of society in real life and were incredibly wealthy. They only entered the game to add some excitement into their daily lives. They felt a strong sense of belonging to Asskickers United. Having settled down, they generally weren't willing to move anywhere else. So, Cao Xu and Qin Han were only able to successfully poached the second-rate players, many of whom transferred solely because they were drowning in debt.

Dark, Ardent, and the other three from Bloodfiends were already standing on the stage. They were a well-oiled machine. Their individual strength might not be anything, but when they worked together, the battle prowess they could display was astonishing. Azure Windchime had lost in every team battle against them so far.

"How come Lofty Shadow and Monochrome still aren't here?" Undying Scoundrel knitted his brows.

"They're still on the way," Painted Muslin replied. Without Lofty Shadow and Monochrome, the only players among them who could go up on stage were her, Undying Scoundrel, Natural Fiend, and Lustboy. Four Mages against five Thieves was not a favourable match-up by any means. They would surely lose.

"Let's keep waiting then," Undying Scoundrel said. With four Mages against five Thieves, the odds were stacked heavily against them. Even if they found a second-rate Warrior to substitute, they probably wouldn't last more than a few seconds against Dark, Ardent, and the other three.

Bloodfiends waited and waited. However, Azure Windchime showed no signs of going up.

"Don't tell me you guys suddenly got scared? What a bunch of chickens!" Ardent mocked.

"Tsk, I guess those from Azure Windchime are all bark and no bite."

After losing so many matches, Bloodfiends felt like they had lost all face. So, they badly wanted to win back some of their honour through the team battle.

"Sons of bitches!" Undying Scoundrel cursed. "Their shit-eating grins really piss me off."

"Why are Lofty Shadow and Monochrome so slow?" Natural Fiend said in a gloomy tone.

"I think they encountered some kind of side quest. They have to head to Karodiya to turn it in, or else the quest will expire. Let's keep delaying." Painted Muslin had just received an update from Lofty Shadow and Monochrome.

"Are we going to fight or not!? You're wasting everybody's time. If you're too chicken, just say so!"

"Hehe, not so tough now, huh, Azure Windchime? Where's all that talk from before?"

...

The players from Bloodfiends chattered and jabbered on. Undying Scoundrel, Natural Fiend, and the others fumed with anger.

"Screw it! We can beat them with just the four of us!" Natural Fiend gripped his staff. He looked full of confidence.

Painted Muslin and Undying Scoundrel had a better understanding of the strength of Dark, Ardent, and the other three. The four of them wasn't enough.

However, with so many people watching, Azure Windchime would probably become an object of ridicule if they kept delaying while Dark and the others were throwing out insults at them. If Lofty Shadow and Monochrome didn't arrive soon, they would definitely be labeled as cowards.