TWELVE: grounded

you p.o.v.

Never before had a blush hurt.

Not until now.

On the verge of spewing vomit, you let your eyes zero in on the tiny little seat Dr. Kim was referring to. Scratch that--it wasn't a seat at all.

It was a table with a stool under it.

A table used up until now for putting coats.

"Good morning," Dr. Kim greeted through the side of his mic as you took your place at the table, mouth open in a half-laugh as if he knew EXACTLY how funny this was to everyone except you. Close to exploding, you could only nod and sink lower on the stool while images of your friends' faces played out in your head.

Jihyo's probably dying of laughter right now. Oh god....shes not taking an instagram story, is she? She'll send it to the group chat and...

For a second, you imagined Jimin opening the story, mouth turning down as he rode to defend y—

Oh, shut up y/n! You know what that's called? Wishful thinking.

DELUSION.

Taking a deep breath, you opened your textbook to the appropriate chapter, trying to focus on the projector screen despite the fact that your prof/boss was only 4 feet away, probably counting the moustache hairs on your face.

God, I can't look at him now. I just have to focus on the board... the lecture notes. Out of all the times I'm late, it just HAD to be for the class taught by a prof who knows me!!
But what about my backside?
Suppose there's a period stain on my pants? Or did I sit on tomato sauce on the bus this morning ? And my head...probably got a giant bald spot straight down the middle from

SLAM

You jumped just in time to see a thick wad of pages tumult left in your textbook. Mortified, you watched Dr.Kim's pencil slide into your line of sight and tap the top of the page, his unseen body hovering over you.

Case Study B.

"As I was saying, Hickey's experiment proved many interesting points," he enunciated clearly before moving away from you. "Victim facilitation, for instance, enabled us to predict what kinds of behaviour increased your chances of being targeted. But still others--well, others have suggested that some criminals are provoked. That resisting can trigger the crime to be committed, though this situation is often more veiled than others. And in this internet age" Dr. Kim paused, flashing a bemused smile at the lecture hall "It's hard to say who is safe. Friendless or friended, anyone can be a target."

Anxious mumbling filled the room but all you could think about was the heading at the top of your page.

We're still on this section, right?

But Dr. Kim was now back at the lectern changing slides.

"The complexity of victim provocation can be illustrated in Case C, where, in an act of self defence, Roy Thompson murdered his wife after she tried ti strangle him with fish wire. The reasons for the strangling remain evasive but Mrs. Thompson had a difficult relationship with the man..."

Luckily, the remaining 45 minutes went by faster than you had expected. The per-dismissal sound of book-packing was like the first ray of sunshine after a long, nightmare-ridden night. Eyes on stationary, you began to pack as fast as possible, knowing you only had a few seconds before

"Y/NNNNNNNNNNN!"

Ok, stay calm. Stay calm and get out of here with minimal shame.