37

-La Push, Emily's house-Kiara's Pov-

We finally arrived at Emily's house. Leah parked as we got out. Leah turned to the house. Adam looked at the house. "You ready?" She asked me. "Are you sure?" I asked. "I'm a 'Lioness girl', he is a lion too, remember?" The front door burst open and Jared, Paul, Embry and Quil piled out, shoving the last of a meal down their throats. I tensed a little, but Embry smiled at me. Jacob and Bella were in the house as they looked at us. They waved at us and turned to continue their conversation.

"Look who's back," he smiled. "Whatsapp, Kiara?" Quil asked. Leah and Seth must have told them about me. I had to remember which was which. "Quil, you too?" I asked. "Yep, finally made the pack," he agreed.  "I'm glad you're here, Kiara," Embry replied. "Maybe we can get a break from from Leah's obsessive inner monologue." "She wanted to join you at your school, but Sam forced her to stay here all the time," Paul added, laughing.

"It is as if she has a crush on you," Jared joked. "Shut up, you idiots!" Leah growled at them, but it only makes them laugher even harder at her. I rolled my eyes at their immaturity. Adam smiled. "Alright, you can shut up, now," Jacob spoke up as he and Bella came outside from the house. Leah saw Bella and the scowl she had from when the boys teased her deepened. "Bella, this is Leah Clearwater. Harry's daughter," Jacob introduced them.

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave," she shot back. My eyes widened at the comment she made as Bella is taken back. Jacob shoots her an angry look, as she is impervious. Sam and Emily exit the house as Leah turns around and leaves into the woods, stopping at the edge of the woods, waiting for Adam and I. "Fun, isn't she?" Jacob asked Bella as I shot him a disappointed look. Emily gave Adam and I a hug. Sam offered a pleasant nod hello. "Kiara. Hi. Hey. I was wondering when we'd see your faces around here again," Emily smiled. "Yeah, same here," I answered. "I hear you're mother makes amazing food. Tell her we should get together to cook" Emily asked. I nodded.

"Sam, are we good?" Jacob asked him. "We're good," Sam replied. "She won't be getting through our line anytime soon." The guys ad lib macho challenges as they made their way to the forest's edge. Sam tureds to Emily to say goodbye, and looked into her eyes. Their connection was deep intimate. As Sam gently kissed her, I saw Leah tear up. I walked over to her and rubbed her arm, comforting her. She was definitely affected by seeing Sam and Emily. Adam shot them a look as he joined us.

-Forest-

Adam, Leah and I walked in the woods, along a trail. We didn't say anything for a while. "So what was that between you and Sam?" I ask, breaking the silence. "Did he break up with you for Emily?" "He broke up with me last year," Leah confirmed. "He had us patrol a lot when we don't have Seth's lucky. He's fifteen. One of the youngest in the pack. Sam keeps him home studying, but he's chomping at the bit. A lot of the guys want me to take his place instead."

"Wait, what?" I repeated. "Dudes need to chill." "Looks like it is more complicated than that," Adam asked. "Complicated?" I asked. "Adam, you're talking to a girl whose best friend is a lion, dating a vampire, friends with two wolves and is being targeted by a redhead blood-sucking undead demon of the night whose dead mate is crazy and who is lusting for my blood." Leah laughed at that as she agreed.