Memories of You

Prologue

My childhood is always something I look back on and wish I could reverse time and revisit it. Everything seemed so easy back then. Making friends was something simple, and nothing was ever impossible. If you wanted to fly, you could. You could save the world without ever having to leave your room. Being a child is something everyone experiences no matter how poor, rich, spoiled, or abused you are. It's a part of life. There was a day in particular that is still fresh in my mind, from back when I was a teenager, where I would give anything to have my childhood back. It was the day my best friend told me he was moving. I was losing my best friend. Losing a best friend is something I don't want anyone to have to go through. Grantid, he was just moving, but he was still my world. I grew up with this boy, and he was my go-to person. If I ever needed something, he was there. That day, I lost part of my family.  

Thinking back to the first time I ever saw this kid, I'm pretty sure we were in first grade, he was so tiny. His little crooked tooth, goofy smile, contagious laugh, and thick accent made him different. He was six and I was five. He had just moved to my town from somewhere in Ireland. I remember him walking into school covered in mud because the older boys were picking on him threw mud balls at him. This little brown haired, blue eyed boy, was already a target, and it was only his first day of school. Here in Lakeside, it was hard to come across someone  new. Everyone knew each other, and that created a problem. Little did I know, this boy would become my best friend, changing my life as we grew up. He created so many little moments in my life that would soon become the most cherished memories I had of my childhood. That boy, was James Horan. Most of you know him as Niall, but he introduced himself as James when we were little. So to me? He was James.