Chapter 6 - Social Status

I pull out, not because I want to (Hell no) I just needed to get back to the party and seeing as we've been out here for half an hour it's starting to get cold. "Here, you look cold" he says noticing my shiver. He pulls off his jacket and puts it on me. "We should go back down, it's my party after all" I say "Good idea" we get up and walk towards the door "oh and ella.." Brooklyn calls before i turn the handle "I really like you... like... really like you" I turn to face him. "I really like you too" I say as I lean in and kiss him on the cheek.

The rest of the night is a blast. We dance around and all the kids get along. Romeo and Hunter and pulling pranks on the adults, Cruz and Tyler are playing chase through the ballroom and Harper and Mimi are playing with barbie dolls in the corner. Brooklyn and I are having such a good time, we are laughing and chatting and it is truly magical. The end of the night approaches and I really don't want to leave him. We say our goodbyes and he kisses me goodnight.

When I get home I am to tired to even go up to my room so I just crash on the coach in the drawing room. I fall asleep with a smile on my face, remembering the magical night I just had.

-----

I wake up at 11 from the vibratng of my phone on the glass coffee table. I get up rubbing my eyes, luckily I took my necklace off because I wouldn't of wanted to ruin it. I reach over grabbing my phone. Holy moly! I open twitter - 13k followers, instagram - 17k followers, Facebook - 10k friend requests. What is going on. Mum comes in and hands me the magazine "looks like someones famous" I can't believe it, it's a photo of Brooklyn and I last night at the ball, one was the one where we are leaving and we posed for the paps (one included Brooklyn kissing me on the cheek and me having a cute reaction) and then the other photo is the one of us on the rooftop.

I check my phone again and I am getting so many re tweets and there's even a few new hashtags #BrooklynandElle #cutestcouple #couplegoals everyone is being so nice. I get a message from Brooklyn;

Brooklyn - Starbucks in 5? xx

Me - i'll be there xx

I run upstairs and get changed, putting my dress and necklace on my bed. I go into my wardrobe, pull out a pair of jeans, jumper, boots and a Louis Vuitton scarf. Mum and dad are out with Hunter, Tyler and Mimi. I pick up my phone and umbrella and soon enough I'm out the door and at Starbucks sitting next to Brooklyn. I order my chai and talk to Edward for a bit, we actually have a lot in common. I introduced him to Brooklyn and once Brooklyn got past the hole 'this is my girl so you better not take her from me' I ended up having to drag Brooklyn away from the conversation or else we could of been there for a while.

We walked back to my house and as we got closer i saw some police lights near our house and i ran towards them, Brooklyn ran after me "Elle come back" He shouted. "What's going on?" I ask the police office walking out of the door "And who are you ma'am?" the officer asked in a non sincere tone "I live here" I say almost crying "now what is going on?" I say folding my arms "Theres been a robbery ma'am" She says finally looking at me. "What" I say running past her into the house.

Mum and Dad were there talking to another officer. "What did they take?" I ask Mum. I found out that they took almost everything and the worst part is that they took my necklace given to me by Brooklyn and my dress too. I ran over to Brooklyn and fell into his arms, crying into his chest. I know that they are materialistic but the story behind the dress and the necklace, the best night of my life. Brooklyn had given it to me and someone had taken it, someone had been into my room and stolen it..... STOLEN IT!

The officers said that because of our insurance everything could be replaced, but that wasn't the point. I needed that one, the one I wore when I had my first kiss with Brooklyn, the one that lay on my bed in a black box next to a bouquet of flowers, that was the necklace I wanted.

The burglars took almost all our small goods, mums jewellery and some of her priceless pieces of clothing. Mum was probably most upset because some of that Jewellery was from her grandma (sadly she past away last year, rest in peace) and a lot was irreplaceable, just given back in cash.

I hope the cops catch the people who did this and they find my diamond necklace.