The Letter

There was one last thing I needed to do before I tried to find a way to live without Xingqiu. And that thing was read the letter that he gave me the night he died.

I took it from beside my door and made my way up to my room.
I sat on my bed with the letter in hand, lightly drumming it with my fingers as I considered whether or not I should open it. But eventually, I found myself opening the light blue envelope, to reveal a white, folded sheet of paper. I took my time reading it, tearing up more and more with each word.

Dear Chongyun,

I know that when you read this, I'll no longer be here with you, and for that, I can't apologize enough.
I've tried and tried but I couldn't handle it anymore, and it is absolutely not your fault! I know that you overthink sometimes and I want to make it clear that I didn't do this to hurt you or anyone else. I am simply ending my own suffering. I may have been lost before, but I assure you that I have finally found what I had lost.
I don't want you to live the rest of your life trapped in a bubble of guilt about this, so I want you to do one last favor for me.
Please never let anyone tell you that you're not worth it, or that I'm gone because of you. So, if you have to, show them this letter in my handwriting.
Chongyun, you're the kindest soul I have ever met, and you think of new ways to refurnish the house inside your head, and how to make it feel more like home when no one is there to save you from drowning in a pool of guilt and pure sadness. So why don't you dream up something cool for me, and then live something cool for you?
I love you so much, but like every good book, it must come to an end.

Goodbye, my liege.

"But I never even got the chance to say goodbye..."