|Chapter 4|- Pretty Princess Roohi

Sister Julie and Anokhi were giving out chocolates to the kids. A young girl, maybe two years old, ran in their direction. She tripped and fell as soon as she moved in front of Anokhi, and Anokhi crouched down in front of her to save her.

When Shaurya heard a "Thud" sound, he turned to the side where the sound was coming from and saw Anokhi sitting in front of the girl. However, because she was seated at such an angle, Shaurya could see only her and not the child, leading him to believe that Anokhi had fallen.

He became concerned that Anokhi may trip and damage herself as well as the unborn child. Unknowingly, he let out a scream. He frantically ran in her direction while shouting, "Anokhi."

Anokhi was trying her best to comfort the young child as she sobbed after the fall. Shaurya also arrived there while addressing "Anokhi." Shaurya's face was covered in sweat, and his worried eyes appeared to be on the verge of tears as Anokhi turned to face him.

A caretaker lady helped the girl to stand up from the floor, she was still sobbing. Shaurya knelt down on his knees in front of Anokhi.

"Hey! Tum thik ho?" Shaurya cupped Anokhi's face in his hands and began caressing her cheeks with his thumbs. "Mein dar gaya tha, mujhe laga tum gir gayi."
Anokhi nods in denial and says,"Not me, this little girl fell and look, her knees are scraped. She is bleeding. Her knees will have to be bandaged"

As she stood up, Shaurya hummed. The young girl was led to a room, and Anokhi saw that she had not even taken her chocolate. She then gave Sister Julie the remaining work, got the chocolates from the shelf, and proceeded to the room where the girl was brought.

When Shaurya noticed Anokhi moving to that side, he asked Sister Margaret for permission, and she nodded in response. He also followed Anokhi to the room.

When they both entered the room, the girl was still sobbing and the caretaker woman was doing dressing on her knees. That girl was being reprimanded by the caretaker lady for being irresponsible. When she noticed Shaurya and Anokhi there, she got up from her position and began organising items on a side shelf.

They sat on either side of the girl on the bed after exchanging glances up at one other. She had her head bowed and was sobbing. Anokhi approached her and said hello, but she didn't look up.

Anokhi's heart ached as she saw her sob in this way. How this innocent soul was being reprimand, but not with love like parents would, but like a duty, and no one was going to comfort her with kind words after reprimand. She ignored the second attempt by Anokhi to call her.

When Shaurya realised she wouldn't be looking above, he took control of the situation and assured Anokhi that he would now make an effort to speak with her.

"Anokhi itne saare chocolates?" Shaurya asked her and requested her by his gesture to act with him. Anokhi recognises his signal and begins to behave in unison with him by nodding.

"Tum akele khaogi itne saare chocolates?" Shaurya questioned her once again.

"Nhi Shaurya me to ye chocolate ek pretty si girl ke liye layi thi, lekin dekho na wo pretty princess mujhse baat hi nhi kar rahi hai" She made a cute pout.

"To ab tum in chocolates ka kya karogi tumhari pretty princess to ye khayegi nhi, mein hi kha leta hu, lao mujhe do" He forward his hand towards Anokhi to take the chocolates.

Anokhi was about to give him chocolates but to his surprise the little girl quickly raised her head and took the chocolates herself. She wiped her tears with the back of her palm and looked at them with her innocent eyes.

"Kya ye chocolate me khaa lu?" she asked them.

The innocence of the baby girl made Anokhi's heart overflow with joy. "Ye ham aapke liye hi laye the aap kha lo," she smiled at her while nodding in agreement.