|Chapter 5|- Shaurya's plight

As Anokhi and the kids were squealing, both Shruti and Payal looked at them with fake angry faces, until the doorbell interrupted their blissful moment.

They all fell silent and looked at each other wondering who might have come to the door. Payal went to open the door. 

Anokhi assumes that Shaurya has arrived, just before Payal and Shruti arrive, she calls him and asks how long it will take him to return home;  He replied that he would be late. So she shrugged and got busy with the kids, this time talking to them normally.

Payal opened the door and there was standing their neighbour Mrs. Bhatti with a fake smile.

Seeing her, the smile on her face disappeared and a bitter expression took its place.

"Shaitan ka naam liya aur Shaitan hazir" Payal thought.

She greeted her reluctantly and invited her inside and they both came inside.

Anokhi and Shruti saw that Payal had come with a sad face and behind her was their neighbor Mrs. Bhatti.

She was carrying a small bowl in her hand and a big fake smile on her face.

Seeing her, the smile disappeared from Shruti's face as well and a bitter expression took its place on her face.

"Ye Mrs bhatti fir aa gayi katora leke" she muttered under her breath and Anokhi burst out laughing.

"Are dheere bolo use sun jayega" Anokhi muttered slowly.

Mrs. Bhatti came and greeted the ladies sitting there. They both smiled and greeted back.

"Surely she must have heard our laughing and shouting loudly and to know that she came with the excuse of taking tea and sugar from us" Payal said softly while sitting next to Shruti so that Mrs Bhatti would not hear.

"Bataiye mrs bhatti kaise aana hua aapka" Shruti asked curtly, showing no interest.

Shruti did not like those people who used to gossip behind people's back and Mrs Bhatti was one of those people who used to gossip behind people's back.

Although Anokhi also did not like all this, but she did not let the feeling of displeasure appear on her face, while Shruti and Payal don't hesitate to show their displeasure.

"Are Shruti wo mein chai bana rahi thi mr bhatti ke liye aur kitchen me dekha to chaipatti khatam ho gayi thi esliye me aapse madad lene aa gayi" she replied with a nervous laugh as Payal continued to stare at her.

"Ohh" Shruti smiled at her.

"Aise bolo na bheekh mangne aa gayi katora lekar" Payal muttered under her breath. Anokhi fakes cough to stop laughing.

"To dijiye aapka katora...ah.. I mean aapka.." Shruti extended her hand towards her and pointed to the bowl "... Aapka bowl dijiye me la deti hu aapko chaipatti" and smiled at her.

Anokhi were trying hard to hold back her laughter while Shruti was punching Mrs Bhatti with her words.

She hands her the bowl. Shruti goes to fetch tea leaves from the kitchen and Mrs Bhatti makes herself comfortable on the couch.

They both were looking at Mrs Bhatti amusingly as they had an idea that she was going to ask about them why they were making so much noise today.

"Dekho khud ko tyar kar rahi hai ki  kaise apna mission start karu" Payal murmured near Anokhi's ear. These two evil friends of her will make her die laughing today.

"Waise aaj bada shor- sharaba ho raha tha aapke ghar mein" Mrs Bhatti asked Anokhi.

"See mene bola tha na ye khud ko mission ke liye ready kar rahi hai aur ye lo pahla step" Payal murmured again.