Two

The elevator doors slid open to reveal a beautiful office. There was no closed door with a secretary guarding the entrance, just an executive's office - and a nice one at that. Maybe the secretary was at the bottom of the elevator and I had just missed them? Or maybe they were a ninja secretary? Maybe they had eyes on me right now and I was completely unaware. Hold on, getting off topic here..

The office was sleek and shiny. A lot of chrome and white leather and a ginormous carbon oak desk in front of a bay of windows that reached from the floor to the ceiling and covered two walls in the room overlooking the business district of the city and the rolling hills beyond the housing district. Because the windows were so big and plentiful, light just streamed in and flooded every inch of the office, but the windows were tinted so you weren't being blasted by the sun. 

"Nice place." I mused quietly.

"It is, isn't it?" a woman questioned as she looked up from one of the white leather couches, "I spared no expense when I designed this room." she added before she rose and walked over to me and my captor. That's right, I'm calling her my captor. I didn't want to be here and she wouldn't let me go. Thus, captor. "Monica, why are you bringing this girl to my office?" she asked as she eyed her employee suspiciously. 

"Mrs. Blakely, this girl has won the One Millionth Customer prize, but she doesn't want it." Monica replied as she held a firm grasp on my arm. She pulled me forward a bit as she spoke of me, as if throwing me to a lioness, who was going to destroy me or make me change my mind. Pffft as if. 

"Alright Monica, leave her with me." Mrs. Blakely said in a calm voice. Monica gave me a wicked grin like she was waiting for my ultimate demise, "Go and clean up the balloons and confetti now." Mrs. Blakely added and the grin slacked off of Monica's face.

"Wh-What? But that's the janitor's job!" Monica cried out, "They should be doing it!"

"As this is true, the balloons and confetti were your department's idea and as a result in your idea, you should take part in cleaning it up as well." Mrs. Blakely replied without even casting a look in Monica's direction.

"Y-Yes Ma'am." Monica said in defeat as her shoulders slumped and she slowly walked back to the elevator which was already waiting for her to enter. She stepped in and pressed a button and the doors closed with a soft thump.

Mrs. Blakely took a seat back on her leather couch and nodded for me to sit in the one opposite of her. Slowly, I maneuvered around the couch, slipped off my backpack and sat down with my bag resting next to my feet on the floor. "So tell me, why doesn't my company's winner want the prize?" Mrs. Blakely asked in a puzzled tone.

I sighed. She had to know that people didn't think her company was for making happy memories, right? If so, why did she seem so perky and without a care in the world? Because she had money, that's why. "I just don't want a guy following me around." I replied.

"Would you rather have a girl? Or an older model? We don't discriminate here." Mrs. Blakely said with concern, "It's nothing you should feel embarrassed about."

"N-No, it's not that. I just...I have a lot on my plate right now." I tried again, "Adding a guy to the mix would be troublesome."

"Judging by your bag and your clothes, you're in high school, correct?" Mrs. Blakely questioned.

I nodded. It wasn't like I could hide that from her now. Not that I was going to hide it from her in the first place.

"Your finals should be far off from now. You're too busy to enjoy your free time with someone from my company?"