─ 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

*ೃ༄𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒

*ೃ𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃
𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒

Her face was still covered in red splotches caused by all the tears she shed for her twin brother. And her hair, well, her platinum hair appeared like a bird's nest—tangled in various places and in need of a comb. Lucaena Targaryen remained overwrought even after the maester had stopped the bleeding of Aemond's eye. She loyally stood next to the chair her twin was sitting on. She never once left his side. Lucaena even made sure to hold onto his hand through the whole process of cleaning and stitching up the laceration. Aemond kept telling his sister that it didn't hurt. Not once. But Lucaena knew better from the way Aemond's knee bounced and how his grip on her hand got tighter at times when the maester was working on his recently damaged eye.

The grand hall was filled with people, talking amongst themselves about the young Prince's injury. It was mindless gossip. Lucaena bit down on her tongue to keep her ill-mannered sentences to herself. She had many obscenities prepared, but none of them came out when in the presence of her father. Lucaena endlessly strived for her father's devotion for he was the only parental figure who cared about her. The Princess made eye contact with him and Viserys' heart ached for his youngest daughter. Her eyes were glossed over by a thin layer of tears threatening to escape while she continued to hold her twin brother's hand comfortingly. Lucaena turned away, choosing to worry about Aemond some more. Just like their mother.

Alicent was hounding both of her children. Frequently asking whether they had other abrasions apart from the most discernible one. Lucaena pondered if their mother only cared for them when there was a life-threatening reason for it. Still, performative or not, Lucaena was at least grateful that their mother actually chose to acknowledge the problem at hand. So did their father. Just with more vehemence:

"How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers."

Lucaena disregarded the way her father questioned the guards, among them Ser Criston Cole. The young Targaryen Princess never seemed to trust the man. Then again, Lucaena barely trusted anyone who wasn't her twin brother or father. There were excuses made as to why a group of children were able to leave the confines of their chambers which the King didn't take kindly to. Lucaena's thumb lovingly grazed over the top of Aemond's hand to grant him some sort of peace in such times of crisis. Alicent observed her two children interact. The way Lucaena stared at Aemond with delicate affection. The way he reciprocated by squeezing her hand in support. The Queen wasn't blind to the love the twins held for each other. For now, it was a child-like sort of love, but Alicent saw that that love could blossom into a full-fledged marriage. She wasn't fond of the age-old Targaryen tradition of marrying relatives, but increasing power mattered the most. Alicent had an inkling both her children were already planning out their futures together.