Chapter Two

I walked into the school and tried to find my best friend. Cindy Moon. Cindy was my best friend forever. She was tall with long black hair and wore glasses. She was pretty and also intelligent. She lives not far from my apartment. Her dad works with mine, so we see each other a lot. I love her like a sister. The only thing bad about her is that she is not the best at time management. Meaning she isn't even here yet, or she was but forgot that we were meeting at the front steps of the school. 

"Anokhi is that you." I heard a sweet voice say. 

"Mary Jane. Oh my God. It's you." I said, hugging her. Mary Jane is also one of my good friends. She was in Jamaica for the whole summer, so I didn't get to see her. She looked a lot different. She got rid of her braces. She has grown into her face more. She grew maybe one or two inches. She also had a tan from the sun. She got rid of her classic red braids in exchange for her red, natural hair. She was funny, kind, and had a great sense of style. 

"How are you?" Mary said, pulling away from the hug. 

"I'm good. What about you?" I smiled. She looks beautiful. 

"I'm great." She said with a big smile. 

"I thought you were moving to Boston," I said. It was true, I thought she did. Mary told us at the end of the last year that her dad got a job offer in Boston. 

"Yeah, well turns out, Gayle got into NYU, and dad decided to stay here to be close to her." She said, walking towards what looked like her locker. 

"That's great. Have you seen Cindy? She told me that she would wait by the front steps, but she didn't show?" I said. 

"Sorry, I didn't see her. But I did talk to Gwen." She said punching in her locker combination. Gwen Stacy. She is another close friend of mine. She and I had seen each other over the summer. She didn't change. The last time I saw her hair was longer, she got a nose piercing and had her helix piercing. She was funny, a little weird, and sometimes nice. At the beginning of the summer, she went with Mary's family to Jamaica. 

"What did she say?" I asked. Just like Cindy and I, Gwen and Mary are practically like sisters; they know everything about each other. Gwen was also very nosy, so she knows everything about everyone. 

"Nothing much, she just said there's this new rich boy. I don't remember his name. And she said something about Penny Parker, I wasn't paying attention." She honestly said. That gained my interest. 

"What about Penny," I questioned. 

"Girl didn't I just say I wasn't paying attention." She got what looked like her biology book. 

"Whatever. I will just ask Gwen myself." We started walking toward my locker.  

"What class do you have?" She asked walking alongside me. 

"AP literature and composition first period. AP World History second period. AP Biology third hour. Algebra two fourth period. Health fifth period. AP Spanish Literature and Culture sixth period. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have Robotics and Photography after my regular classes. Oh, and I have Decathalon after school. What about you?" I asked, opening my locker and grabbing my book. 

"AP Spanish Language and Culture first hour. Geography second hour. AP Biology third hour. Algebra two fourth hour. Health fifth hour. American Literature sixth hour. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have Choir and Dance. After school I have Drama. Speaking of Drama, the play will be Romeo and Juliet. On November 18, if you want to come." She said sweetly. 

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it." I smiled.

"Great. I will see you in Biology." She said, walking away.

"Yeah, see you later." I walked towards my English class. I walked into the room and saw Cindy Moon talking to Ned Leeds. She has had a crush on him since last year. I sat in the empty seat next to Cindy's seat. 

"Cindy, where have you been?" I asked tapping her shoulder.

"Anokhi. Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot." She started. She excused herself from her conversation with Ned. "I was in here early and I decided to talk to Ned for a little bit you know, and then I realized, midway through the conversation that I forgot to meet you there. I'm sorry." She explained with a guilty look. 

"You're fine. I had a nice chat with Mary, so I wasn't lonely." I said getting out a black pen. 

"Wait. What? I thought she was moving." Cindy asked. 

"Yeah, she was, but her dad decided not to take the job. Mostly because Gayle got into NYU. So, they stayed to be close to Gayle." I explained.

"Oh okay. Is Mary, okay?" She questioned. 

"Oh yeah. She got her braces off. And got rid of her braids." I said sitting back in my chair. 

"I'm glad that she got her braces off. I'm just surprised. She told me that she would never get rid of her red hair and braids." Cindy said in awe.

"No, she still has her red hair, it's just natural. Did you hear about the new rich boy?" I asked

"Yeah, I did. How'd you find out?" She said leaning closer to me 

"I found out from Mary who found it out from Gwen who got it from somebody else. How'd you find out?" I asked

"Ned told me. He also told me that His dad runs Oscorps." She said smiling. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. 

"Like in his dad is Norman Osborn." I started. Cindy nodded back. "Like his dad is my hero." She nodded back. "नॉर्मन ओसबोर्न । हे भगवान। यह अब तक की सबसे अच्छी खबर है।" I said. 

"No idea what you just said. But I feel the same way." She smiled

"I'm in heaven," I said, dreamily. I stayed that way for a moment until I saw Cindy's eyes go towards the door. I looked at her the door was and there I saw Penny Parker, but it wasn't Penny Parker. I mean, it looked like her a lot. Same glasses, same hair color only cut short. Same look except for not the same look. I looked towards Cindy again. She seemed to understand what I was suggesting. 

"Hey, Ned. Who's that?" Cindy said to Ned. 

"Oh, that's Peter. Or you might know him from last year as Penny." Ned said nervously. I looked up at Peter.

"Makes sense." I heard Cindy say. 

"That's... cool," I say nodding my head. Peter Parker's got a nice ring too.