Chapter Three

Peter sat in the seat right next to mine. Which was weird. Considering that there was an open seat right across from Ned. The silence had worn off, and everyone was back to their cattery selves. I saw a rush of kids coming in before the bell rang and found a seat. One of those kids is MJ.  

Michelle Jones is not a friend but more than an acquaintance.  She was tall with curly hair and freckles. She was quieter and more reserved than others. She always had her head in a book. But she knows everything about everyone. Not, in the same way, Gwen knows everything. Gwen figures it out or asks the right people. She could honestly be a news reporter. MJ knows everything because she's observant and intelligent. Not that Gwen isn't bright, it's just that Gwen is a stereotypical blonde. MJ also doesn't seem to have many friends, but we try to include her in most things. 

The teacher stood up from her desk and walked into the middle of the classroom. She was short and looked about in her mid-thirties. She had dark brown hair with bangs. Her bangs were long enough to cover the top of her glasses. She wore a yellow blouse with a black pencil skirt. 

"Hello, class. I'm Mrs. Tarr. I will be AP Literature and Composition teacher this year. Let's get right into it." Just then, Flash Tompson runs in late. 

"Sorry, I'm late. Mrs. Tarr." He said, taking a seat right next to Peter. 

"Name." Mrs. Tarr said, grabbing her attention sheet. 

"Flash Tompson," He said. 

"Well, hearing your name. I would have thought you would be here on time. You can stay here after class; I will hear your excuses then." Mrs. Tarr said writing something down on her piece of paper. 

"Okay. Your first assignment is to read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis. Yes, I know it is easy to read for some of you, but it is good to start with the easy subjects and go into the harder ones. When you finish, you will have to analyze what you read and write it down. This will only be graded as participation. " Mrs. Tarr said, going around the classroom and putting a copy of the book on our desk. 

When she was finished passing out the novels, she walked to the front of the class. Then came a boy that was about my age. His hair was dark brown with a few highlights. He was pretty tall with dark brown eyes. He wore blue jeans and a black hoodie with a silver chain around his neck.  

"Oh, I all most forgot. This is Harry Osborn. His father, Norman Osborn, runs Oscorps. He is just here to shadow for today, so please treat him with respect. Anyway, the rest of the class time is for you to read. I suggest you use it." She smiled tightly and went back into her chair and started typing on her computer. 

I picked up the book and turned to the first page. I read this book in Middle school. I also watched the movies. So, I was pretty familiar with the story. I got my computer and started writing a rough draft of everything I could remember in the book. 

A little bit of time passed, trying to remember the story's details. When I was in mid-thought when I saw a note, land on my computer. I looked over to see no one looking at me. I unraveled the note it said: 

Dear Anokhi,

I know we don't talk much, but I just wanted you to know I'm sorry about stealing your scholarship to Midtown. 

From,

 Peter 

I smiled slightly. I'm glad that I got an apology from him. But now that he said it, I still did not like him. I was just so mad that some guy didn't have to try at school and could get perfect grades. While I struggled every night to get better grades, it still wasn't good enough. I didn't want to write back to him, but I guess it was a nice thing to do. '