OS: Baby Talk

It was a lazy Saturday morning and Shefali had asked Akshu to watch Shivu while she covered a breaking news story, as Parth was away with Anand for the weekend on a family matter. Akshu had gladly agreed, loving every moment she got to spend with her nephew. She sat in his room with him, laying on her stomach, showing him all of the different toys he had to play with. 

"Shivu...baby Shivu...I love you my Shivu..." Akshu said, smiling at his little giggles. She gently pulled his cheeks, telling him how much she loved him and how he was the king of this entire house. She had prepared a special oil just for his precious hair, and she began massaging his head slowly, telling him that this would help him relax after his busy morning playing with his chachi. As she felt his little hands grab onto her wrist, she imagined what it would be like when she would have her own baby one day...the mark of her love with her Abhi. Her heart became overwhelmed with love at even the slightest thought of holding their bundle of joy in her arms. She knew that they were nowhere near ready to being parents, and they had not discussed it whatsoever...but still, she enjoyed the prospect, she enjoyed the satisfaction of knowing that it would happen in the future. 

Without realizing it, she blurted out, "Shivu, ek din aap ka ek friend hoga...chota sa friend..apke Chacha aur Chachi ka baby...bilkul cute aap ki tarah!" 

And little did she know, Abhi had been standing at the door watching her this entire time, mesmerized by the way in which she took care of Shivu, entirely awestruck by the way in which that baby loved her. And even before he had heard her say those words, he had been thinking just the same...he loved Shivu with his entire heart, but he could not wait until the day he witnessed Akshu trying out her home remedies on their child...their child that they would raise with all of the adoration in the entire world. Snapping out of his thoughts, he walked into the room, telling Shivu..."Wow Shivu, tum zara pucho apni chachi se...ki unko aap ka friend kab chaiye?" 

Akshu turned around to see Abhi still in his sweatpants and tank top from the night before, his hair falling across his forehead. He had just woken up, but he looked at handsome as ever. Unable to control the blush that she knew was appearing on her cheeks, she retorted back, "Shivu, baby...aap apne chachu ko boldo ki humari baatein aise chup chup ke suna bad manners hoten hai..." 

Abhi laid down on his stomach next to Akshu, taking Shivu into his embrace. "Baby, inko boldo ki everything is fair in loveeee my jaan", he said, smiling at Akshu. 

Akshu rolled her eyes at her husband's failed joke, trying to suppress her giggles. They both spent the rest of the morning with Shivu, dressing him up in the perfect outfit they picked out together, feeding him his newest baby formula, and singing all of the lullabies they could remember off the top of their heads. By the afternoon, Manjari came upstairs, telling them to go get some rest and that she wanted to spend time with her grandson now. Akshu told Abhi that she would go get them coffee from the kitchen and meet him on the balcony... they had made it their weekend tradition to sit in the fresh air, taking in each other's presence, away from the rest of the family. 

*** 

Right as Akshu reached the balcony, Abhi came running, taking the coffee out of her hands and resting it on the table. "Coffee baad mein Mrs. Birla...pehle tum mujhe yeh batao...ki tumhe Shivu ke friend ki wait hai na???" He said, sitting down on the bench and pulling her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, "Ji bilkul Dr. Birla..." 

"Toh phir chalo tyaari kartein hain..." He said, slowly running his hand up her thigh. 

She playfully pushed him away, saying that they had a lot of time before Shivu's friend would be arriving and that for now, he should focus on drinking his coffee, because they had promised to run errands for Manjari later this afternoon. He grabbed her waist and pressed her as close to himself as he possibly could, lifting her chin so that he could see directly into her eyes...telling her that their baby could wait, but that did not mean that they could not practice. Wanting to pull his leg, she responded, "Haan theek hai chalo...practice karo tum Abhi...yahan peh balcony pe hi practice karlo." 

"Your wish is my command", he responded, starting to unbutton his shirt. 

Shocked by what he was doing, Akshu shoved him away, quickly running downstairs. "Bilkul bhi sharam nahi hai tum mein Abhi...ab tum raho yahan akele...mein toh jaa rahin hoon!" 

He ran behind her laughing, telling her to at least drink her coffee first, but she was in no mood to slow down, entirely flustered by her husband's antics.