Chapter 11: Let's talk

Mirai attended school the next day once she feel well

      Mirai attended school the next day once she feel well. She was actually nervous because she will see Mitsui again.

They haven't talk properly after the incident happen, she prioritize her brother who got a head injury, and went with him to the hospital.

She knew Mitsui will want to talk to her so she told Kaede not to let the male come over to their house.

So today since she couldn't avoid him anymore, she prepared herself to talk to him.

"Senpai, are you already well?" Ayako asked as Mirai entered the gymnasium.

"Yeah, it wasn't that bad," Mirai told her with a reassuring smile.

The two girls turned to the court and Mirai wondered why are they staring at her as if they were shy to talk to her.

"What's wrong with them?" the girl questioned their manager.

Ayako sweatdropped and scratched her nape sheepishly. "Well, you see..."

"Senpai!" the members called as they swarmed the girl.

"Can you sign this?" Kuwata asked as he and Sasaoka showed her a page of a sports magazine with her image.

Mirai widened her eyes and turned to Kogure who just entered the gym.

"Did you tell them?" Mirai asked as she pointed to the other members.

"No, it wasn't me," Kogure replied.

"Who did?"

Kogure let out a tired sigh and that's when Mitsui chose to enter the gym. He stopped when he and Mirai stared at each other.

"Mirai..." he muttered then shifted his gaze to the first years holding the sports magazine. He flinched and snapped his head back to the female.

"It was Mitsui-senpai!" Miyagi said and he and Sakuragi points to the raven-haired.

The girl glared at Mitsui causing him to get nervous. She noticed he cut his hair.

"Well,... I-I didn't know that you're keeping it a... secret," Mitsui stuttered and scratched the back of his head.

Mirai let out a tired sigh and turned to the other players.

"Listen here, don't tell anyone about it, alright?" she told them. They nodded in understanding.

Then Mirai's gaze turned to Mitsui again.  The members looked at them in curiosity as they gazed at each other.

They looked at each other as if they were trying to come up with something to say. Neither did as Akagi and the rest of the team came and started practicing.

"Senpai, can I ask you something?" Ayako questioned.

"Sure."

"Why you don't want to tell anyone about you being a professional player?"