𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍?

It had been 2 weeks since Adam had been at the Larson resident. 14 days, 336 hours, 20160 minutes and 1209600 seconds. 2 weeks since Adam and Brighton decided to become friends.

Even though Brighton had hated Adam since they were both 5, she had to admit, the house felt empty without him being around. It was like one puzzle piece missing out a of 1000 piece puzzle, something just wasn't right.

Lately James had become more of a regular at there house, often hanging out with Brighton to do stupid stuff. Last week the two spent 4 hours in the snow trying to bury each other to look like mermaids. But it didn't make Brighton feel any less weird without Adam being around.

"Brighton! did you hear that the ducks are winning most of there games!? they have won two In a row!" Matt said bursting into Brighton's room without knocking.

"Yeah I heard?" She said simply shrugging as if it were old news. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I thought you knew?" She pretended so he wouldn't make it a big deal.

"Oh nope, McGill just called and told me." matt explained sitting next to Brighton on her bed. "Want to hang out with me and McGill tonight?" Matt asked politely.

"Uh- I I have somewhere to be... thanks though!" Brighton struggled trying to make up a excuse, "Where are you going?"

"Me and Cindy are going to head out to see a movie..." Brighton explained, matt tilted his head as if she were crazy.

"Cindy as in Cindy wilson? The cheerleader we forced you to sit with? Your joking right!" Matt pretty much yelled into Brighton's soul.

Brighton shrugged her shoulders and looked out her window trying to avoid eye contact with her twin. Ever since they were little, matt would always do this thing that he would look into Brighton's eyes and see if her pupils dilatated, to see if she were telling the truth or not. Brighton would always be lying.

"Look at me bright."

Brighton turned her head back to face her brother, he stared into her eyes but after a little just shrugged and started leaving her room. "Have fun at the movies!" He called out from the hallway.

She let out a breath from her chest she didn't know she was holding in. Who knew it were that hard to lie to your own twin brother.

Brighton wasn't really going to the movies with Cindy, she hated Cindy. She was going to watch the ducks play. Not because she wanted to sabotage them if they made it to the finals, but more to see Adam play. She wanted to see how he played without her and the hawks, maybe he never needed them by his side maybe he just needed himself wherever he was.

She figured that she didn't want anyone to see her, as they might think wrongly of her that she might be wanting to try and figure out the ducks game, so she had decided that when she got there she was going to try find the most empty spot in the stadium.

She looked down at her watch and made her way downstairs to find her hawks hooded humper which was most likely lying on the floor next to her hockey bag in the garage.

As Brighton walked down the stairs, matt studied her every move. Once she had disappeared from his sight he ran right back into his room dialling James's number into the phone. "Pick up! Pick up!" Matt jumped up and down.

"Hey ma-"

"No time to talk! Brighton lied and said she was going to the movies with Cindy, I reckon mission badam is a go! Meet me at the arena in 40 minutes and we will spy on her!" Matt rambled.

"You said badam was a stupid name?" James argued.

"Shut up and just get ready!" Matt groaned hanging the phone up on James.

Ever since Brighton joined the hawks last year matt and James had made a bet that Adam and Brighton would someday date. And for everyday since they started playing hockey together, they tried to make them like each other and hang out with each other more than they did. But they sort of took defeat since Brighton had hated Adam with her whole heart since they were only 5 years old.

Neither of the boys knew why Brighton hated Adam, but whatever it was it must of really destroyed Brighton to hate him that much.

"I'm leaving!" Brighton said popping her head into matts room with a big smile displayed across her face, "Okay have fun!"

Brighton nodded leaving his room, matt smirked pulling on his jacket and slipping on his boots. He slowly walked down the stairs waiting for Brighton to leave the house so he could quietly chase after her.

Once Brighton had made it to the arena she took in her surroundings and made her way to where she could see where hardly no one was sitting. She had nearly made it to the seat she had picked up when someone had called for her, "Brighton!"

Brighton turned around and saw the one and only Katerina banks running in her direction. Katerina or normally kit was Adams younger sister who was 5 years old and she seemed to absolutely adore Brighton more than she loved her own brothers.

Kit jumped into Brighton arms with a huge smiled on her face, "Hi kitty Kat! How was your day?" Brighton asked brushing kit's hair out of her face.

"Great! But Adam hit me with a pillow before we came here!" Kit said throwing her head back dramatically make Brighton let out a little laugh. So much for going unnoticed at this game.

"Oh hi Brighton!" Mrs banks waved to her with a smile, which Brighton returned.

"Hi Mrs banks." She said sweetly.

"What are you doing here Brighton?" Mr banks asked curiously.

"um... just wanted to watch?"

"Oh your seeing how good they are to get there tactics! I like how you think bright!" Mr banks said happily using the nickname he would use when she were younger.

Brighton thought about correcting him but she didn't really feel like telling Adams parents that she were here to watch Adam.

"Sit with me brighty!" Kit said happily while eating some popcorn. Brighton nodded sitting next to kit as the game started.

It was now half time and James and matt were rushing through the crowd to get to the ducks change rooms. The two boys pushed the door open with a loud bang causing the whole team to look at what had caused it.

"Adam! Brighton's here! She's watching you! What did you do, what did you do to make her come?" Matt rambled struggling to catch his breath while all the team started at them as if they were crazy, even Adam.

"I didn't do anything? I haven't talked to her in two weeks." Adam said with a confused look on his face.

"Oh okay... well this doesn't make us friends again..." James stated simply as the two walked back out of the room.

"Mission badam is slowly getting there!" The two high-fived as if the ducks couldn't see or hear a thing they just said.