Mages and Knights

Mariano wore a full white armor with blood red trimmings complete with helmet, plated with zilchilion which is a class S item. Zilchilion is a composite material that can be extracted from the scales of an Anum dragon, it has 1/1,000,000 chance of extraction. Its durability can withstand an SS class spell and since it is a magical item it can fit whomever wears it.

"Mariano where the did you get that armor," I asked him.

"It is a momento from my father, he purchased this in secret hoping to see me become a knight," he smiled sadly as I patted him. "Well you are a TOP knight in knight selection,"

"Yeah, and so are you," he nudges me... patronizing me again. "Your armor is also unique. Like a higher power is imbued in to them. Its faint, but I think it can give you the appropriate protection," ruffling my hair.

In terms of armor, me and Mariano are in contrast. He wore a full white knight armor, while I wore black with only pieces of it and the rest was mix of leather and cloth.

I donned a Astaric partial armor with red trimmings that is composed of black Astaric leather no sleeved dress with dark Astaric plate that encompasses my neck, chest and abdomen, full Astaric arm gauntlet, and Astaic plated high length boots. All are enhanced and forged using my original power extracted from vincula gems. It has my sword sheathed on the belt.

Astaric is an unreleased liquid material that can be found in a cave that is inhabited by SSS class primordial demons. It has a highest concentration of black magic and is too dangerous to be handled. Unless you have the affinity for pure black mana and passed the required level to wield it.

I stumbled upon it when I tried to find the vincula.  The armor's power can rival my old armor, the fallen cloak:'Primal Eyes of Ophanim.' Like how Baal can rival my catalyst 'End of the beginning'.

And it's special feature is to erase one's presence and the enhancement that was given to it. It will appear and feel like a normal armor with an average defence in the eyes of everyone except its primary owner.

The trumpets were played again, as we both stood and kneeled side by side as the headmaster entered. His eyes observing and scrutinizing our body.

"Well, well, well... I see that you two have proven your worth once again," he tapped and squeezed our shoulders. "I am not surprised seeing Guzman here...but I didn't expect for a cute petite commoner swordgirl to be the one who defeats the top knight,"

"Very surprising, indeed," He then turn to sit his fat ass on his enormous chair. "You both may rise as you two will be last to be selected," He then proceeds to call the knights and pairing them with the mages.

We both stood beside the headmaster waiting for our turn.... to be leashed.

Two hours had passed, when the last mages were presented in the podium. A platinum blond haired girl with blue eyes and.. her.

"Greetings, Elsa Arendelle and Isabela Madrigal," the headmaster greeted as they both curtised.

"I believe you two are the best of your art and I would like to present to the both of you, these two excellent knights with a potential to become a fragment themselves," He smirked as we salut.

"I think the two of you know one another in a deeper level?" He gestured to Isabela and Mariano.

I am having a very bad feeling...

The headmaster stood up and placed Mariano's hand to Elsa and mine to.... Isabela.

"The institution needs something fresh so why not we exchange partners. Hm? Better? Better." He then stood up. "Since you are already partnered up, the mage will take care of their knights and knights, you must protect your mages. Now, cite your own sincere pledge."