The Return

Isabela's Pov

I was about to pack and leave when the headmaster issued a full attendance today. So the institution is on lockdown and students are forbidden to go out. Just great. I was about to sneak out when I saw her limping and with him.

She looked quite different, her normal tousled blond hair turn three shades darker and her blue eyes are slightly brighter than normal. She had few scratches but otherwise she looked fine.

The boy that we have fought, had some slight injuries too, did she fought him in order to come back? What is she doing walking with him? Is she being threatened?

I immediately summoned an array of sharpened vines separating and aiming at him while I took Eksa on the side.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Why are you limping? Is your shoulder okay? Why are you with him?" Questions burst out of my mouth one after another.

She looked shocked at first but then held my neck and kissed me shutting me up.

"Mhn?!" I felt my eyes widen. When did she become this bold? I am starting to get lost in those sweet taste of hers, when she pulled away, answering me.

"I'm fine Isa, he did bully me for a while but he didn't do anything he just healed me. Its better if he.... would explain it... or rather the headmaster." She said trailing.

What happened in three days I'm out? Why do I feel they have gotten close and familiar with eachother? I squinted feeling the oh so familiar jealousy burning deep inside me.

"Woah! Geezuz is this the propagation of Vert?" The boy said as he had a difficulty in cutting down the continuous sprouting vines. "Little help here?"

He asked staring at my girl. I glared at him as I stepped in front of Eksa. "She will not help you," I said gripping his legs and about to crush it when the headmaster intervined.

"Madrigal, let go of the boy," He commanded. "Now," pointing at him.

I let him down five feet in the air, he just twist himself landing on his feet perfectly. "Damn Eksa, your girl sure can bite," He laughed.

"Isabela why did you do that? Nevermind... both of you... on to the arena, I have an announcement to make," He then walked leading us.

I command my vines to lift Eksa while healing her on the way to the arena. She looked at me with amazement and amusement  touching the vines, observing it.

"I was joking... but you did access Vert's passive.," the boy chuckled as he walked near my lover.

"Save it," I deadpanned.

"Harsh... can't believe your type was a bitch," he said. I ignored him, there is no use arguing with a person with an infuriating personality.

"Ouch!" He groaned, Eksa wacked him with a halberd, saying something I can't hear. I watched his eyes grew big... he sighed and scratches his head apologizing to me.

Seriously what is their relationship? I squinted at them both.

The headmaster then called the boy on stage, sitting down at his big chair. "First and foremost....We, in Sigilicht are honored to be visited by a person like you." He started... thanking the intruder with a bow.

I felt my eyes grew dim as he waved like nothing happened.

"Isa," Eksa called me holding my hand. "Relax and just listen," she told me while rubbing my knuckles calming me down.

"This.. my students is a rare opportunity and I would like to do the honors in introducing to you... your temporary professor replacing Litwit." He dragged on then release the bomb.