• 1

Chapter One : Dinner

The coffee shop was full of people, everyone was occupied and Ameli was in a rush, she promised her grandma that they were going to have dinner tonight. "Jamie." Ameli called the black-haired boy who was carrying a tray full of coffee, "You think all of you can handle all these customers?" Ameli asked the boy, feeling guilty about leaving him and Austin all by themselves at the cafe, especially with that many customers.

"Yes, why?" Jamie asked, "I promised grandma that I would have dinner with her and I'm not planning to break that." Ameli replied, hoping that Jamie wouldn't mind her going out even though she owned the cafe.

"Well go, We can handle this," Jamie said as he gave the last coffee to the customer.

"Really? That's great." Ameli clasped her hands together, "Have a nice night, Ameli." Jamie returned, "You too." Ameli smiled, before rushing out of the cafe before she became late where she should not be.

Walking out of the coffee shop, she slid her hand into her bag and started looking for her car keys. She managed to find her keys before she got into the parking lot. The parking area is more empty than usual.

As soon as she hops into the car, She starts the engine, she just hopes she will get into her grandmother's house in time.

While she's driving she receives a call from someone, "What is it, Stiles?" Ameli started before he could speak, "Ameli, can I ask you what you know about werewolves?" Stiles, her young cousin, asked.

"You're already asking," Ameli chuckled, "Why are you suddenly asking me this?" Ameli asked as she looked at her side mirror to see if somebody was behind her car before taking a turn.

"Do you remember when you used to babysit me and Scott? You told us about werewolves." Ameli rolled her eyes, she couldn't believe he still remembered that "If you're wondering about supernatural creatures, you should ask Grandma." She told him because the topic of this is kind of unsettling to her.

Her Uncle Noah had informed her about the body they found but he didn't tell her something any further, not even the name of the victim. All he said was that it was the half-body they found and not the other.

"Andrea?" Stiles asked, "Yeah, but I see what I can get." Ameli hung up before Stiles could say something else, that kid never stopped talking. Ameli sometimes wants to duct tape his mouth a couple of times.

By the time she got home, her grandmother was waiting for her outside the door.

"Hey, grands. Hope I'm not late." Ameli said as her grandmother wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Not at all, sweetling," Andrea said before she pulled Ameli inside the house "Where is she?" Ameli asked as her grandmother closed the door behind her.

"Oh, your sister is in the kitchen, already eating the food I prepared though I said a couple of times not to." This is not new in her grandmother's household. Her sister usually arrives here first so she's the first one to taste the food and their grandmother's special recipes.

"I'm only tasting it, grandma!" Her sister shouted from the kitchen, and by the sound of her voice, she was eating all the food.

"Why don't you help me bring the food?" Andrea asked Ameli, "Sure," Ameli said as she followed her grandmother to the kitchen.

"Ameli, glad to see you," Her sister said while she stacked more food in her mouth.

"Stop eating that, Erica," Andrea said as she smacked Erica's hand, "Did you take your medication?" Ameli asked her sister, "Yep." Erica nodded, her mouth so full of food "Good," Ameli smiled, as she stroked her sister's head.

"Now help us put this on the table." Ameli handed her the lasagna. Erica sighed before obeying her, She knew Erica wouldn't disobey her. Erica respected her too much to disrespect her, and besides it was Erica, the quiet and kind girl. Ameli knew her sister had the purest heart so she tried to protect her from everyone.

"uh-uh," Ameli mumbled as she snatched the food from Erica's hand "Just tasting." Erica pouted "You can taste it after we're done," Ameli chuckled.

As soon as they finished setting the table they started eating and of course, Erica is the first one who digs in. She explains why throughout her mouthful of food, Ameli and her grandmother barely understand every word that comes out of her mouth.

"Any luck on dating a guy?" Erica asked, "No, I'm not planning to date a guy," This is Ameli's most hated topic, she just hated the fact that her family continued to ask her about how she never dated a guy, which is true. She never actually dated a guy before, and she didn't know why.

"You still not over your high school lover?"

Andrea chuckled at Erica's statement, "How the hell did you know about that?" Ameli asked with wide eyes because she never told Erica about it. "Secret- AMELI!" Erica gasped, "Let me go!" Erica yelped as she tried to get away from her sister's hand.

"Nope, not until you told me how you found out." Ameli said as she continued to tickle her sister, "You two, not again." Andrea piped up before she took a sip of her red wine.

After a few moments of trying to convince Ameli to let go of her young sister, Andrea finally gave up.

Andrea sighed, "Help me clean this up, young ladies." She said as she stood from her seat, took the plates from the table, and headed to the kitchen.

"Sure, grands," Ameli said breathlessly as she stand up from the floor, "Get up, dumbass." Ameli offered her sister a hand with a smile on her face. It's been a while since they last did this, Ameli wasn't available all the time so she wasn't able to spend time with Erica and she feels like tonight she made it up to her sister.

"I heard you talking to grandma about it a few years ago," Erica started, "I haven't slept well for a long time because I was wondering who's the boy, and why I never met him." She continued.

"One day you will know who he is,"

"I hope so," Erica replied. Ameli can't still believe that her sister knew about the guy she loved in high school, who practically moved out after high school.

"Did Dad and Karylle let you stay here?" Ameli asked, "Yep," Erica smiled, her eyes looking so happy. She had never been allowed to sleep over a couple of times. She sleeps plenty of times in her grandmother's house but if they think about it, it only happens ten times a year.

Jonathan Reyes is a strict father when it comes to her daughters, especially to Erica because of her condition.

Poor Erica wasn't even allowed to go outside their house because Jonathan said 'Better to be careful, you're sick Erica and you need guidance

Erica barely even made friends because of her condition but Jonathan's decision was final. Ameli tried to talk to him about it but her dad just shrugged her off.

So, Ameli tries to take her sister out as soon as she can because she knows how lonely her sister is. Ameli completely understood her Dad's decision and she respected it.

Author's Note

First chapter done!
What are your thoughts about it?