• 2

Chapter Two : Hot

"ERICA!" Ameli yelled for her sister
"I'm coming!" Erica yelled back as she hurriedly grabbed her school bag and stumbled some of her things that were scattered in her bedroom "You will be late, hurry up!" Ameli groaned to herself as she heard her sister's footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Bye, grands." Ameli kissed her grandmother on the cheek as she headed for the door, "Here's the key, I won't be here when you come back." Andrea said to her oldest granddaughter as she tossed the key towards her.

She will be away for months from Beacon Hills because she has some vacation with her old friends she's with this old organization for an old woman that she didn't utter a single word about on her family until last night.

The two sisters walked towards Ameli's Ford Taurus, "I still can't believe how you can afford this type of car." Erica said as she put her seatbelt on "I worked very hard since I was a teenager," Ameli answered her sister, she drove as she played Love the Way You Lie by Rihanna "I love this kind of song" Erica said "Are you heartbroken?" Ameli asked, "I'm not the one who's twenty-two whose heart is still owned by a high school lover." Erica teased.

Ameli rolled her eyes and just drove, the more she got annoyed, the more chance Erica teasing her so she tried her best to shut her mouth as possible as she could.

When they arrived at Beacon Hills High, Erica quickly got out of the car, slamming her sister's door which Ameli didn't mind as long as it wouldn't fall off. She rolled down her window and called her sister before Erica walked away.

"Call me if there's a problem," Ameli said as Erica leaned on the window,
"There's always a problem," Erica answered as her eyes scanned the crowd.

"Then, I'll deal with it." Ameli returned and Erica shook her head in disagreement, "You don't have to, you know," Erica said, "I do have to because I'm your sister," Ameli explained as she sighed.

"I'll be late, Bye, sissy." Erica said before she stepped away from the car and gave her sister a goodbye wave, "Bye, sweet girl." Ameli smiled and watched Erica enter the school, making sure nobody would dare to pick on her.

When no student was outside anymore, Ameli drove away, her coffee shop wasn't that far from the Beacon Hills High School, it was pretty close actually.

By the time she got there, she opened the shop by herself, because all her staff was at school.

All the staff she hired were students who had lost their parents or the ones who were supporting their siblings

She first opened this shop when she was just seventeen years old, by that time, she was just renting it but when business got good, she bought the place as a gift for herself on her twenty-first birthday.

She had finished college with a Bachelor of Science in Criminology but chose to come back to Beacon Hills, probably because her family is here.

When she first stepped foot at the coffee shop, the bell jingled, and she was welcomed again by the smell of the brewed coffee.

She flipped the sign that said close to open sign and placed herself on the counter where she would wait for someone to tell her what drinks they wanted.

"Hello, Amelia!" Susan, the woman next door to her grandma greeted her as she entered the coffee shop, her groceries in her hand. As often as it should, Susan would get her name wrong so instead of calling her Ameli, she calls her Amelia instead.

"How are you, Susan?" Ameli greeted her regular customer, "Sorry, I opened late, I slept late last night." Usually, she would open at six in the morning but she slept late last night because she and Erica got too carried away cause to their surprise, their dad let her again after having to sleep at their grandmother's house when they had dinner.