CHAPTER 20

20 QUESTIONS | DAY ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FIVE (FOUR YEARS LATER)"when the time comes, can I be your flower girl?"

"when the time comes, can I be your flower girl?"

THE NEXT FEW YEARS were like a fever dream for the greasers.
Steve and Sodapop opened their own car dealership together, Darry finally met the girl of his dreams and got married, Ponyboy graduated and was now writing books, Johnny lived with Dally and Nancy at their new house together and started a better life away from his parents. Two-Bit became a comedian and was now making tons of money.

It was a sunny day out when the greasers were having a get together with everyone after being away for a while.

Dally held Nancy's hand as they pulled in the Curtis home's driveway.

He was extremely nervous for what he would be doing today, it was a big day for the couple.

"Darry!" Nancy shouted in joy as she got to the front doorstep and ran into his arms. Darry had always been like a father figure to Nancy, and she would appreciate him for the rest of her life. "How's Sam and Tommy?"

Darry's wife and their son Tommy had been living in the Curtis house together for the past two years, they were a happy family, and everyone felt excited and happy for Darry. He really deserved it.

"Oh, they are doing great! Tommy just got one of those new train sets, so he's been pretty occupied. And... Samantha is expecting again." Darry broke out into a huge smile as Nancy leaped up and down.

"Oh my- No way!" She smiled as Dally pulled Darry into a hug and congratulated him. Johnny did the same as he got out of the car and then the four went inside.

As they all arrived inside, they all said hello to the rest of the gang. Nancy then went into the kitchen to help Darry and Samantha cook dinner as she talked to her about the baby.

Dally sat in the living room with the rest of the boys as he held Darry's two-year-old son, Tommy in his lap.

Two-Bit spoke up with a smile, "So are you really doing it today?"

"Yes, I am. I'm really excited but also nervous." Dally expressed. "Girls, man. I feel like it has to be special or Nance will cut off my head or something."

Steve chuckled, "Nothing to be nervous about, we all know that Nancy will say yes." He said the last part in a whisper and the rest of the group agreed.

"It's not about the answer it's about the timing being perfect." Dally sighed as he drove one of Tommy's toy trains around, making Tommy giggle.

"When the time comes, can I be your flower girl?" Ponyboy asked making everyone burst into laughter.

"I'll make sure of it." Dally winked.

-

After dinner everyone decided to play card games as they knew what was about to happen.