Awakening

Donovan felt the metal below him, pain radiated from his head, washing over him in a feeling of sparks. A wet feeling greeted him. Blood. He jerked up, and saw the dark red tint below his head, and bit back his fear and anger.

A small groan was heard from deeper into the ship. Donovan edged himself towards the door and lowered himself into the main hull of the ship. There he saw Johnathan, his left arm bent at a unnatural angle. Johnathan looked up to see Donovan halfway through the door, looking down at him from sixteen feet up in the air. Johnathan smiled and asked, "You doing good up there?"

Donovan smiled and nodded. Johnathan waved his hands and said, "The walls of the ship get padding once the ship falls. So, it's safe to jump. I got this pretty wound before the padding was deployed."

With a humph Donovan dropped down, landing on his feet, and Donovan felt the padding grip his feet. In a hoarse, alien sounding voice, Donovan asked, "So, what the hell happened?"

"Well," Johnathan said, holding his shoulder, "The ship was flying up to head to HQ-"

"What do you mean, flying up? Shouldn't it be flying sideways? You know, to land?"

Johnathan shook his head, "HQ is an orbital circling the planet. The ship flies straight up after picking people up."

Johnathan paused, and when no reply was given said, "So the ship hit a Dimorphodon head on, the animal shattered the glass, killed the pilot, and out attempts to kill the Dimorphodon seemed to have broken something in the ship. So, here we are. Odds are it'll take a couple of days before a search party is even brought to the board. If we're gonna get off this island, we're gonna need to get to the radio antenna."

"Wait, there's a antenna on the island?"

John's nodded, "Yeah. I've only ever been on this island, so I can't say anything for the other islands, but I do know that there is a antenna on here. However... It's guarded."

"By who?"

Johnathan smiled somberly and said, "Well, you've met her already. Giganto."

Donovan paled, "The one who bit the ship? The one with what I can only assume is permanent blood stains on her mouth?"

Johnathan nodded and added, "Lucky for us, dusk is nearing since we've been unconscious for a bit now. At night she'll be off hunting, so we'll invade her nest, send up a communication beacon, and then pray help gets to us before Giganto gets to us."

Donovan nodded, and immediately regretted the decision. Blood had began pooling at the base of his neck and staining his shirt. Donovan asked, "So, is there medicine on here?"

Johnathan grimly smiled, "Yeah, but..."

Donovan sighed, "Let me guess, the first aid kit is inside the cockpit?"

Johnathan simply said, "Bingo."