four

Tasha sits in a vacant booth, counting the small amount of tips she's made for the night.

Working as a waitress at Applebee's isn't an ideal job to have, but it pays the bills. She'd rather do this than be without a home.

"$35." she says to herself before stuffing the the bills into her wallet. It's nearing 1 am and she's waiting for Yoongi to pick her up from work.

It's been a couple days since his session at the studio, and they're waiting for the song to be finished.

Reggie said that he'll send it over soon, so Yoongi's been checking his emails nonstop.

Tasha stands up from the booth, stretching her limbs and groaning when some of her bones crack.

She's been on her feet all day, bussing tables and taking orders while barely taking any breaks. Her body hurts, and all she wants to do is take a hot shower and sleep.

Her coworker turned close friend, Bailey, hands her a cup, "You look tired."

"I am." Tasha takes the cup and drinks through the straw, scrunching up her face at the taste, "Is there alcohol in this?"

Bailey nods her head, "Yeah, you look like you need it." Tasha shrugs, taking another sip of the mixed drink.

"You working tomorrow?" Tasha shakes her head as she continues to drink, "Good, do you wanna go clubbing with me?"

Tasha is hesitant with her answer. There's a possibility that Yoongi can go back to the studio tomorrow, and with them both being off of work, she's able to be there with him.

She just wants to be able to support him as much as she can.

"Uh, can I let you know? I might have something to do tomorrow."

Bailey nods, "Alright, just let me know." she looks down at her phone as it chimes, "My ride's outside. I'll see you later."

"Bye, be safe." Tasha waves goodbye and watches as the other leaves the restaurant.

She lets out a sigh before taking another sip of her drink. Most of her coworkers are gone, and her manager is getting ready to leave herself.

"I'm about to close up, do you need a ride?" her manager asks, slipping on her jacket.

Tasha shakes her head, "No, my boyfriend is on the way." she starts to grab her things, "I can wait outside though."

"You can stay inside for a couple more minutes. I'll wait with you." she leans against a table.

They sit in an awkward silence. Tasha doesn't have the best relationship with this manager. She often makes snarky remarks and writes her up for small shit.

Tasha's honestly surprised that she's waiting here with her, or even offered to give her a ride. It's very out of character.

A couple more minutes pass and Tasha receives a text from Yoongi saying he's outside. "He's outside." she informs her manager before leaving the restaurant.

She speed walks to the car, practically running from the cold night breeze. She sighs in relief upon getting situated in the heated car.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I got distracted with something." Yoongi says, starting the car with a cheeky smile.

Tasha quirks a brow, "What had you so distracted?"

Without saying another word, Yoongi presses play on the car radio and the familiar snare infused trap beat sounds through the car.

Tasha lets out a loud, excited squeal as the song plays, "YOONGI!"

He laughs at her excitement, watching as she gets more and more hyped up as she listens.

"It sounds so good~ I'm so proud of you, what the fuck!" she shoves his arm playfully, far too turnt to care if she hurt him.

"Reggie sent it in like an hour ago and I've just been listening to it on repeat." Yoongi explains as he turns the music down a little bit.

"Baby, you're gonna make it. And I mean that shit." Tasha says sincerely, grabbing his hand in hers, "Tomorrow, we're gonna go to the studio and you're gonna record as many songs as possible. I made a good amount of tips this week, so we're good."

Yoongi shakes his head, "No, I can't allow you to use your tips for my studio time."

"I don't care, I want to. You have so much potential and I'm not letting it go to waste, especially if I'm able to help." she shrugs, turning the music back up and starting the song over.

Yoongi sighs with a chuckle, accepting defeat. He'll be forever grateful for Tasha's help; support.

He hopes she knows that, even if he's shown his appreciation time and time again.

"Are you hungry?" he asks, knowing she's been on her feet all day, "And what's in that cup?"

Tasha smiles and offers him a sip, giggling when his eyes widen, "You was drinking on the job?"

"No, Bailey gave it to me after we closed." she takes another sip before putting the cup in the cup holder.

"You didn't answer my question." Yoongi says, stopping at a red light.

She shakes her head, "Not really, I'm mostly tired." she relaxes in the seat, "A nice shower and my bed will do me just fine."

"Alright, cool if we listen again?" Tasha nods, "Duh!"

i neglected this book😭😭