𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ━ 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥

────────────

────────────

SEVEN;
A NEW PROPOSAL

────────────

"NOT SO FAST." Jacaerys says, clicking his tongue. The blade is pressed against his neck and the princess stares down at him. Most of her face is shadowed from the darkness of the room, but her eyes are illuminated by the moonlight pouring in through the window. The prince inhales a sharp breath and places his hand around hers on the handle of the dagger.

      He rises slowly, pushing her back until he's sitting up beside her. She lifts the dagger away from his neck, though his hand sticks on top of hers. Her eyes dig into his.

      "Either you let go or I stab your hand." She says. Slowly, he releases his fingers from hers. She shoves the dagger back into her belt, keeping her eyes on his the entire time.

       "We have little time before the break of the war." Jacaerys whispers to her. Cerilla tilts her head to the side slightly, parting her lips.

      "What is it that you are suggesting?" She whisper back. His jaw clenched then unclenches as he searches for the right words to speak. Both of their breaths pour from their lips at rapid speeds.

      Jace leans forward slightly. "A moment of peace, perhaps?" He suggests. Cerilla inches forward, then she recalls something she had overhead previously in the halls.

      Jacaerys is betrothed to Baela Targaryen, daughter of Rhaenys Targaryen and Lord Corlys Velaryon. They were promised at a young age, a compromise made by a queen Rhaenyra in order to strengthen their alliance. She needed desperately the support of the Velaryon fleet, and unfortunately the easiest option to gain that was to promise both of her sons to the daughters of Rhaenys. The proposal was accepted, and they have been promised ever since. Cerilla would never wish to break a promise, even one in which she did not consent. She would never stand in the way of a marriage, especially one for power, that will help the Queen.

      "I'm sorry my Prince," Cerilla pushes backward. "This is wrong." She turns her head away, breaking away from his eyes. Jacaerys stands up and nods, brushing off his pants, out of nervousness. He takes in a deep breath as he nods in understanding. He believes she does not have an interest in him as he has taken to her.

      Jacaerys silently makes his way across the room to the chamber doors. His hand rests on the handle to push it open, but for some reason he cannot bring himself to leave. Cerilla stands up and faces him. Their eyes meet from across the room.