𝐭𝐞𝐧 ━ 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐢𝐫

────────────

────────────

TEN;
MIDNIGHT AIR

author's note; since the past
few chapters have focused
mostly on the growing plot
in terms of war, etc. this
chapter is going to focus
mainly on jacaerys' &
cerilla's relationship! ++
it will be a shorter chapter
due to writers block;(.

────────────

THE FOLLOWING WEEKS ARE STRANGE ONES. Princess Cerilla writes to her uncle frequently, who is still ruling of Dorne, to tell him of the travels she has come to see, the dragon she has won to her side, and the fall of King's Landing. She remains certain not to mention anything about Jacaerys or their relations. Her uncle is a kind man, yes, but perhaps it isn't the best time to mention any romantic relations with another, Cerilla decides.

After the successful fall of King's Landing, Rhaenyra sent word to Dragonstone, to the rest of her children and to the dragon seeds, that the capital has fallen to the Blacks and that they may venture here. Within a few days they arrived, and have taken up refuge in their chambers. Rhaenyra seems to be slightly more comfortable now with all four of her children here, also including the dragon seeds. The more dragons the Blacks have, the less likely an attack would be made on them, or so the Queen hopes.

Otto Hightower was beheaded just minutes after being taken from his cell, with a small audience consisting of few people. Rhaenyra made it clear then and there that any traitors would be treated the same way. Alicent still sits in her cell, rotting away as the days pass by. She knows her crimes are unforgivable, but she also understands why Rhaenyra won't take her life. The two, despite their now hatred for one another, were one close friends. Rhaenyra would not be able to stand and watch as the head of her former closest friend rolls away.

Each day, the Greens forces move closer to the Blacks. Aemond and Ser Criston Cole lead their troops towards King's Landing from the north. Prince Aegon has just departed from the side of his brother, and has since flown to Dragonstone with his troops. He has taken over the island, slaughtering every single one Rhaenyra's men before they could even send ravens stating that the island had been attacked. Aegon nests peacefully on the island, at least for now, with the company of his soldiers and his dragon, Sunfyre.

Princess Jaehaera has safely arrived at Storm's End under the watch of Willis Fell, a swim protector of hers. Helaena and Dremfyre have not been seen by anyone since the initial attack on the capital. Townspeople had seen her fly off on the icy scaled dragon, never to be seen since. Some believe that she simply flew away out of fear, and others believe that she took this chance to fly away from her duties and her child. Perhaps there was too much pressure surrounding her future.