𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

"I've got it!" Sylvia shouted from upstairs while I was down in her kitchen helping Lillian with an art project for school.

"Got what?" I asked.

"Daphne and Velma!" She yelled practically falling down the stairs. "We can slut it up too,"

"Ooo, I for one would love to see you dressed up all slutty Ren," Lily chuckled. I gave her a look and she was taken aback. "What do you expect from me? You dress so modest it's annoying." She rolled her eyes and returned to her project that was spread out across the kitchen table.

"You be Daphne because, well, your hair is way closer to hers' than mine, and I'll be Velma. Come on, Ren, it'll be fun!" Sylvia nearly begged.

"Fine..." I dragged.

"Yay!" Lily and Syl exclaimed in unison.

"Oh, this is going to be fun," Sylvia rubbed her hands together mischievously.

***

"Aye, looking good ladies!" Ivan exclaimed from atop the stairs of his home. I believe he was dressed as Jack Sparrow. "Well done, Syl! You got her here, now we just gotta get her to have some fun!" He spoke loudly over Monster Mash (by Bobby "Boris" Pickett) echoing throughout the house as he sauntered down the stairs. As I watched Ivan come down, I caught the eye of someone dressed in khaki shorts, a blue Hawaiian shirt, and one of those stupid Hawaiian straw hats. I rolled my eyes with a playful smile as he scanned my body. "Drinks are in the kitchen if you want some girls," Ivan spoke, now standing in front of us.

"I don't drink, Ivan," I stated, not yet taking my eyes off the stupidly dressed boy atop the catwalk.

"Oh my god, Ren," Sylvia rolled her eyes at me. "Ignore her Ivan, she's a goody-goody. It's a Halloween party, Ren, get a little crazy for once," she said putting air quotes around "crazy".

"You know," she spoke quieter and to Ivan, "she did get massively drunk once, summer before last, when she was at a beach party in Florida with me—"

"And...that is where I stop this conversation. Ivan, you don't need to hear all the gory details," I said linking my arm with Sylvia's and pulling her into another room.

"Oh hell yes I do!" He shouted, following us.

Against my better judgment, Sylvia ended up telling Ivan the whole story, everything—including the horribly embarrassing parts—and at some point, I guess I must've wandered in the opposite direction because I was now standing alone in the kitchen that was relatively cut off from the rest of the house.

"I didn't peg you as a drinker," I heard someone say from behind me as I was ladling, obviously spiked, punch into a black Solo cup.

"Why not?" I asked turning around while bringing the cup to my lips, only to be faced with none other than Hawaiian boy, Charlie Connors, himself. He sighed in disappointment.

"I'm not going to answer that Renee. You know the answer." He said, grabbing a ghost-shaped cookie off the platter on the counter next to him.

"Is it that obvious?" I scoffed as I took a drink from the cup, looking down into it as I did so. He laughed aloud. Apparently, it was "that obvious".

"You look stupid," I stated, reeling my eyes over his chosen attire.

"And you look slutty," he chuckled. "Let's call it even," that devilish smile appeared on his face. It drove me crazy—I couldn't tell if I hated it or loved it. He kept his eyes on me as he ate his claimed ghost cookie. I tried to act like I wasn't fully aware of it—as if I could care less—but feeling his eyes on me like that had me feeling a certain way. I felt exposed. Well, I was exposed. For the Daphne Blake costume, Sylvia put me in a violet, satin, mini dress—that was really just a slip—she'd had in her closet. Along with an apple green, sheer silk, scarf and a purple headband. The fact that I'd just gone back to bangs a month prior fit the character perfectly. For an extra effect, I'd sprayed some glitter across my collarbone and I'd caught him staring [near] the sparkles multiple times.