Red Skies

"Oh, Bro, I should probably introduce you to my friend." Moon said, getting up from her position on the ground, "This is Lillie, she moved here from Alola around the same time you moved. We only connected recently though, she needed father for some help with her mother." she chuckled, "Apparently she went on some wild adventure with the Champion of Alola, ended up saving the world, yadda yadda yadda, her mother ended up sick and needed to go to Kanto for treatment, so Lillie ended up going."

I got up, still recovering from the impact of my body hitting the ground, "We've met before, Sis." I brushed my shirt off, "That story she told you, it's all true. I witnessed all of it firsthand. The Champion of Alola she's talking about? She's talking about me."

Lillie got up and rushed to meet me and my sister in the doorway, "S-Sun, it's been a while, I'm sorry I haven't been writing, I've been busy."

"I can tell. It's okay, I came here with Hau and your brother, we want you to come home." I was nervous as hell, the tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife, and I think the two of us were feeling the most of it.

Moon chuckled, walking out the door, "I'm gonna let you guys have your moment, bye bye!" Lillie and I were now alone in this room.

Lillie looked down, fidgeting with her hands, her face going red "I-I got your letter."

I blushed, was she talking about that one? The letter I'd sent when I was fifteen, I mean, do I still have feelings for her? I mean, I do but I don't wanna make it seem like I'm as desperate as I was back then. Ugh! to hell with it, if she confronts me about it I'll be honest with her, this is Lillie afterall.

"Do you still... love me?"

Fuck

I could hear the nervousness in her voice, back when we first met, she would always talk like that. I could tell that she was especially flustered right now, and to be fair I wasn't doing much better.

...

...

...

"I-I've always... loved you, Lillie." After what felt like ages of silence, I managed to utter those five words, she's gonna reject me. It's been six years since I sent that letter, she probably just asked me because she wanted verification. I never figured that damn letter would come back to haunt me.

Both of us looked at each other, even if it was a quick glance, it felt like forever.

"Sun... I-I... I love you too." Her voice was quiet and somber, as if her vocal chords were harp strings, as tears welled in her eyes.

Slowly, I felt myself move toward her, cupping her soft cheek with the palm of my hand, using my thumb to wipe her tears. I looked at her, she had the same look in her eye as when we were in the cave on Exeggutor Island. "May I?" I whispered, she nodded her head, knowing exactly what I meant.

As we both closed our eyes and leaned in, we both felt one of the most amazing feelings both of us had ever felt...

...

...

...

...

As we pulled away, I'd let what had just happened sink into my mind. I've just kissed her, the girl, no- the woman that I've loved for ten years. "That was... amazing" I chuckled, as she leaned her head on my shoulder and placed her hand on mine.

The tears that had welled in her eyes were now gone, replaced with a smile, "Sun, I'm ready. Let's go home."

I nodded as the two of us got up and opened the door to Moon's room. As we walked out, we saw Moon standing to our side, as if she was walking back. "I heard everything, but you're not leaving without me. I wanna see Alola and do this Island Challenge thing you've been talking about."

"You've got a dream" I heard footsteps from behind us, I turned to see Otoko, with a smirk on his face "I can respect that. I've always loved seeing the success of new trainers. Sun, Moon, both of you, meet me at Ace's Diner on Friday, I'll teach you how real trainers go about their business." He chuckled slightly, walking out the front door, without saying another word.

"Otoko's an interesting character, I'll say that much." I mumbled, I had no idea what was up with him, he owns a diner on Melemele and is for some reason, the part-time caretaker of my father.

Moon shrugged, "Dad seems to like him to a degree. Apparently Otoko's got some talent at whatever else he does. That's what he says anyway." her eyes darted to our father, then back to me and Lillie, "Your journey back's not all I heard. Congrats Guys!" a devilish smirk appeared on her face as she looked to me specifically "I never took ya for a ladies' man, bro. Although it is Lillie we're talking about, so I don't blame ya"

As the three of us bid goodbye to Father, we talked on and on about what had been going on in our lives for the past ten years.

I talked about how I'd met different region champions, like Jules Pierre of Kalos and Silver Viridian of Johto. How at one point I dated one of the Ula Ula Trial Captains, and that I've not lost one battle since becoming champion.

Lillie went on about how she'd met with Bill and that her mother was receiving premium treatment in Cerulean City. She'd met Moon a couple months after she left Alola, after losing to the Viridian City Gym Leader, Blue. Moon, who was still a novice trainer at the time, was confident about challenging Blue with Pokemon under level 15, and Lillie put an end to that confidence. Apparently Lillie decided to do the Gym Challenge when she first arrived, and has become a solid trainer since then. I'm proud of her of course. Who wouldn't be proud that their new girlfriend has been really successful in accomplishing her dream?

Moon apparently set off on her journey at about the same time I did, she went with Charmander and went straight to Pewter to challenge Brock only to fail a total of 15 times. So she tried going to the Viridian Gym, and that's where she met Lillie. The two have apparently been best friends ever since.

As the three of us boarded the ferry, we were greeted by Gladion and Hau, who were shocked to see Lillie, and immediately rushed to see her.

I will never forget the red color of the evening sky that had blossomed as we'd sailed off.

It was as if the whole world was burning right before our eyes.

Burning, with the love Lillie and I had shared.

I am excited to see where, in the world below that sky, that we'll go.